Using ESV B-Ionic Nitrate to raise Nitrates

Fishrocker1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with chronic low nutrients throughout my fallow period in my Red Sea Reefer 250. Phosphates are 0 and Nitrates are 0 as well. I'm giving ESV B-Ionic Nitrate a shot in order to combat the issue. The problem is that there are virtually no reviews or information associated with the product on most stores' websites. The bottle claims it uses Calcium Nitrate in order to safely raise Nitrates by 5ppm over the spend of 5 days. Does anybody have experience using this product and does it affect Calcium and Alkalinity levels?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This video changed my whole tank 2 yrs ago for the absolute better

I dose Bacto first thing in the AM... and dose Amino Acids late at night.

Major major game changer

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it. As mentioned it uses calcium nitrate which is the the best. P

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will raise your calcium, but how much I am not sure. I'm sure they know if you email them. Randy would definitely know if you want to ask him

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it mess with alkalinity at all? Not sure why it would but I thought I read it somewhere.
I dose .5-1.5ml’s daily depending on test results and it has no affect on alk on my 75 gallon system.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dose brightwell Nitrate stuff I use ESV 2 Part, I love there 2 part. There products are good. I am sure you can use it just go slow to raise it. I had to dose Nitrate and phosphate from brightwell to bring my levels. My skimmer, caeto and roller mat strip everything and I have 18 fish lol.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy has noted calcium is present in a way greater ratio so the impact is negligible (Vs potassium nitrate etc). Search calcium nitrate I’m sure he’s answered this countless times.

No impact on alk.

OP
OP
Fishrocker1

Fishrocker1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose brightwell Nitrate stuff I use ESV 2 Part, I love there 2 part. There products are good. I am sure you can use it just go slow to raise it. I had to dose Nitrate and phosphate from brightwell to bring my levels. My skimmer, caeto and roller mat strip everything and I have 18 fish lol.
Ya, I use their 2 part too. It's good stuff. I'm actually currently setting up an auto doser for all for reef to make dosing easier. I have a feeling my protein skimmer is responsible for stripping my nutrients during my fallow period which is about 2 weeks in.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for some time, but needed only 5-8ml/day for 150 gal tank at the beginning and later I dialed it down. If there was a calcium rise, it was minimal at this dosing. If you need to dose more than it may raise Ca, but you can compensate it by decreasing your Ca dosing. Remember that corals are utilizing calcium to build their scheletons.I don't think it effect alkalinity.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The stuff is great. Esv is great. I use it and their 2 part. Excellent. Dont worry about it and just get those nitrates up.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also started using it and it has increased my nitrates from 0 to around 3 in about a week. I dose 5ml/day in my 100g tank and it definitely works! It also has lowered my phosphate levels from .09 to .05 in that time span.

OP
OP
Fishrocker1

Fishrocker1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also started using it and it has increased my nitrates from 0 to around 3 in about a week. I dose 5ml/day in my 100g tank and it definitely works! It also has lowered my phosphate levels from .09 to .05 in that time span.
Good to hear. It's good to see that it doesn't really seem to affect phosphates as I don't really want to raise them (at least not with additives).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back