UV sizing for water clarity

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to manage or kill any disease/parasites. Simply interested in trying UV to improve water clarity. What size should I go with for a 150 gallon tank?

The easiest option would be the 24w "Green Killing Machine" that I can find at the chain stores, but I understand that's a little lower quality and I'm not sure if 24w is sufficient.

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to manage or kill any disease/parasites. Simply interested in trying UV to improve water clarity. What size should I go with for a 150 gallon tank?

The easiest option would be the 24w "Green Killing Machine" that I can find at the chain stores, but I understand that's a little lower quality and I'm not sure if 24w is sufficient.

I have the 9W Green Killing Machine it claims it’s rated for tanks up to 50 gallons(mine is 36). It helped clear up my water in 3 days after a 4 month battle with Dinos. I’m content since it was only 50 bucks can’t complain lol got the job done I’m sure there is many more high end more expensive models out there.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back