V Tail Grouper stopped eating

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My V Tail is in a 180. He light be 5-6". For the past few months he onlybwanted silversides. About 3 days before I transferrd him to a 180 from a 120 he stopped taking food. It might have been 6-7 days now. His stomach is not flat and has a slight bump. Most of what I read involves getting him to eat peas or brine shrimp. He was digging caves yesterday and still normal. Today he seems more lethargic. I'm wondering if I should try ghost shrimp or is more food in hos stomach going to make it worse. What can I do?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My V Tail is in a 180. He light be 5-6". For the past few months he onlybwanted silversides. About 3 days before I transferrd him to a 180 from a 120 he stopped taking food. It might have been 6-7 days now. His stomach is not flat and has a slight bump. Most of what I read involves getting him to eat peas or brine shrimp. He was digging caves yesterday and still normal. Today he seems more lethargic. I'm wondering if I should try ghost shrimp or is more food in hos stomach going to make it worse. What can I do?
Sound like it could be constipation but to best assess the issue, Please post a video of at least 20 seconds under bright white intensity. With fish being a very hardy eater, Assure water quality is within safe limits.
Feeding peas is a method for goldfish and rarely works with marine specimens. Brine shrimp would help but if fish is not eating, that will be an issue.
How is the breathing rate- fast or normal?

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound like it could be constipation but to best assess the issue, Please post a video of at least 20 seconds under bright white intensity. With fish being a very hardy eater, Assure water quality is within safe limits.
Feeding peas is a method for goldfish and rarely works with marine specimens. Brine shrimp would help but if fish is not eating, that will be an issue.
How is the breathing rate- fast or normal?
Everything seems normal otherwise. Just not eating. No rapid breathing. Tank parameters are fine. He was cramped in the 120 and it started in there 3 days before I moved him. It seems like constipation. There aren't any other symptoms except for the stomach has not gone down. I thought I saw Grouper crap a few days ago though. Its different than Trigger crap. But I'm not sure.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back