It's this one ?

1000001865.jpg
yup!

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unfortunate news. Like the PARwise, the VBR-Aqua might read PAR low as compared to an Apogee. I won't focus on whether or not the Apogee 500 series is accurate, as that doesn't matter to me. I consider it to be the hobby's standard, and will therefore accept that any similar device should match the Apogee.

The VBR-Aqua ships with two different sensors. They are shown below. When I ordered mine, I received it with the bottom sensor.

IMG_7468.jpeg

If you have the sensor on top, and you're using the meter to read anything other than sunlight, I suggest multiplying the readings by 1.17. That will align your readings with those achieved by the bottom sensor, and that one happens to align with an Apogee 500 series meter.

The 1.17 multiplier was derived from testing I did here at home with two different VBR-Aqua meters.

IMG_7464.jpeg

Because the sensor is detachable, I swapped sensors. The low reading followed the sensor. Using these two meters to drive my opinion, it's not the meters. It's the sensor.

Lastly, it's a spectrum thing. Readings under sunlight are nearly identical.

IMG_7473.jpeg

That's it. If you have the more opaque sensor, multiply your readings by 1.17. If you have the sensor that's shown on VBR's Amazon listing, you won't require the multiplier.

VBR multiplier.JPG

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I had a der moment.

Bard_Generated_Image.jpg
I received mine yesterday and it has the sensor on the bottom. I took my numbers, with the flow off, and posted them on an AI Hydra group on Facebook and someone with the same lights, height, and similar settings said that the reeding seemed pretty accurate. But, I have no idea if they really are. Do you have any recommendations for a better wand to use?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you have any recommendations for a better wand to use?
DIY.

i bought an acrylic dowel/rod off amazon, and got a 3d printed attachment for the sensor from @Projects with Sam (its on his website). works perfectly :). for this application, i believe the dowell/rod has to be 1/2"

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back