OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to bring an article or two on CP to your vet. Odds are, they will be clueless when it comes to fish. They may also need to see the fish.
I called 4 different vets and none take fish. Im going to have to use copper

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a regular vet that you take animals to or know someone that does? I can get meds easier than the fish I want odd enough. I'd try a vet that comes to your house.

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a regular vet that you take animals to or know someone that does? I can get meds easier than the fish I want odd enough. I'd try a vet that comes to your house.
I called all near me, they all dont do fish

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
99.9% don't do fish but are able to write prescriptions. If you can't get copper, I hate 2 say but beg and ask to speak to the vet yourself, let them understand the situation.
I wish this stuff was easier to come by. My fish are sick and its hard to get them what they need

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just buy CP on eBay. You can't guarantee it is pure, but I recently used it and it worked for me. Nice and easy too. Add it, wait, done. I don't see ever going back to copper.

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just buy CP on eBay. You can't guarantee it is pure, but I recently used it and it worked for me. Nice and easy too. Add it, wait, done. I don't see ever going back to copper.
Did your fish have velvet and/or brookylnella? If so do you remember who you bought it from so i can buy it?

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your fish have velvet and/or brookylnella? If so do you remember who you bought it from so i can buy it?
They had Ich for sure and either Brook or Velvet. We never got the second diagnosis nailed down. I purchased from a seller jweage and used Priority Mail shipping. I just looked and the arrival dates seem off for that option, so I would contact them just to be sure. Humblefish can help with dosing, I am sure.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably dose a little higher (60-80mg/gal) if using non-pharmaceutical CP. Just in case the product you receive is watered down. Most fish tolerate 60 just fine; however if you ramp it all the way up to 80 you might notice lethargy and appetite suppression.

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably dose a little higher (60-80mg/gal) if using non-pharmaceutical CP. Just in case the product you receive is watered down. Most fish tolerate 60 just fine; however if you ramp it all the way up to 80 you might notice lethargy and appetite suppression.
We think we might of found a vet to give us a prescription

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back