Velvet Wrasses

goatcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have velvet with fish I just got a week ago. All have been in QT. One died 3 days after I got them (Desjardini Tang) should have suspected but the fish looked ok. Hit them with prazi last week. Saturday I noticed some twitching from my Foxface, avoiding light, loss appetite and today all three in QT have the telling dark patches (also red lined wrasse and a pink margin fairy). Started 15mg/gallon CP Saturday and doubled today with fresh water bath so 2 days half strength and 1 day full.

May try a Paragard bath tonight. Only other wrasse I've put through CP didn't make it but the Lamaracks he was with pulled through.

Propects or experiences anyone?

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried Paraguard on two occasions in QT for velvet. Lost all of my fish in QT both times. I am going to use Cupramine this go around and hope for better results. I've lost too many fish and too much money with Paraguard.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
forget the paraguard. A freshwater dip would be more helpful, but stick with the CP or copper. Copper might be better though, if your dealing with several types of wrasses.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 146 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back