Vertex Illumina Official Thread

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were the legs just acrylic? I assumed that it was aluminum since the lights are kind heavy.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got the aux lights working finally. Took them out and put a little deoxit on the pins and in the holes. After about 5 minutes they started working and everything is good. Must have had some corrosion of some sort goin on ?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the aux lights working finally. Took them out and put a little deoxit on the pins and in the holes. After about 5 minutes they started working and everything is good. Must have had some corrosion of some sort goin on ?
Congrats!
I have my sr260 900 hung about 4" from water. Blues are 100% white 75% ww 60% red 75% green 25% and UV 60%. Starting to see my digi color up nicely. I'll post my par hopefully soon.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!
I have my sr260 900 hung about 4" from water. Blues are 100% white 75% ww 60% red 75% green 25% and UV 60%. Starting to see my digi color up nicely. I'll post my par hopefully soon.
Ok, so I took some par measurements.
Left side
6" 470
12" 297
18" 216
Middle
6" 594
12" 340
18" 292
Right
6" 502
12" 286
18" 248

4 years later still going strong!

Bennett Ladenheim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illumina Users:

I've got a brand new 260 1200 in a box waiting for a someday tank. I realize the Illumina is discontinued. I'm running around looking for color modules which are next to impossible to find for obvious reasons. I have two multi-color modules en route which may be the last two for sale on the planet. I suspect these are nice to haves and not must haves but I am interested in experienced users' feedback regarding these. If you think I should get whatever I can find, what module color (or UV) do you recommend and why? If you think I'm wasting my time scrambling around for any/all I can find please let me know that as well. Thanks in advance for your input.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illumina Users:

I've got a brand new 260 1200 in a box waiting for a someday tank. I realize the Illumina is discontinued. I'm running around looking for color modules which are next to impossible to find for obvious reasons. I have two multi-color modules en route which may be the last two for sale on the planet. I suspect these are nice to haves and not must haves but I am interested in experienced users' feedback regarding these. If you think I should get whatever I can find, what module color (or UV) do you recommend and why? If you think I'm wasting my time scrambling around for any/all I can find please let me know that as well. Thanks in advance for your input.
I have the 260 900 on a 48" tank. If you put the 1200 over a 48" tank your par will be a little more than what I posted above but a 60" tank would be similar. I like the multicolor pads, 3 came in my unit, but would like to have more blue. Since I took the par reading I have backed my whites down to 60% and have the blues and UV at 100%. Green and red are 25% I believe. I would like more blue so I could turn the whites up a little more. If I remember right my par dropped 50 to 100 points by lowering the whites. So, I would be looking for blue pads if it were me and wanted to spend the money.

JRA8688

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, new to the page. Been reef keeping for about a year now. I picked up a tank from a guy on one of my local pages and it came with a 36" illumina 260. I don't have the V link, the LCD screen only illuminates(don't show text), and my plexiglass cover has what appears to be a burn mark with a small crack in it. I plugged it in and it illuminates, what I'm assuming is the PO's light schedule. Question is, would it be worth it to try and repair the LCD, or try and find a V link & hope I can program it without needing the screen. It seems like its hard to get parts for them now a days. Looks like a powerful light & I'd love to give it a shot, if not I've got a couple black boxes for the 120.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, new to the page. Been reef keeping for about a year now. I picked up a tank from a guy on one of my local pages and it came with a 36" illumina 260. I don't have the V link, the LCD screen only illuminates(don't show text), and my plexiglass cover has what appears to be a burn mark with a small crack in it. I plugged it in and it illuminates, what I'm assuming is the PO's light schedule. Question is, would it be worth it to try and repair the LCD, or try and find a V link & hope I can program it without needing the screen. It seems like its hard to get parts for them now a days. Looks like a powerful light & I'd love to give it a shot, if not I've got a couple black boxes for the 120.
That's a tough one. You'll have a tough time programming it if you can't see anything. I would try to find the V link before the display. I've never programmed through the display. If you can't find parts or the V link you might be able to sell it for parts. I took my shield out and went down to the local plastic shop because it was discolored and cracked from the UV or warm white LEDs. They cut a new piece to match the original for $5. Does it have just 6 pads or does it have any expansion modules. They would be between the large pads.

JRA8688

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough one. You'll have a tough time programming it if you can't see anything. I would try to find the V link before the display. I've never programmed through the display. If you can't find parts or the V link you might be able to sell it for parts. I took my shield out and went down to the local plastic shop because it was discolored and cracked from the UV or warm white LEDs. They cut a new piece to match the original for $5. Does it have just 6 pads or does it have any expansion modules. They would be between the large pads.

It only has the original pads. No expansion modules installed. The big one is trying to find a v link. Only one I've found in a month of looking was $1200 with a free 5 ft 260...

Bennett Ladenheim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just unboxed and fired up my 260 unit finally. After a bit of frustration, I was able to program on the fixture itself (via the display on the end) and given all the software frustration and lack of support may be happy doing things that way from here on out in order to avoid a lot of future anxiety (realizing I will be missing out on a lot of features the software provides). I have uninstalled modules I am debating whether or not to install. My question is: can the auxiliary modules similarly be programmed on the fixture itself or can they only be programmed via the desktop software? Many thanks for your input!

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only has the original pads. No expansion modules installed. The big one is trying to find a v link. Only one I've found in a month of looking was $1200 with a free 5 ft 260...
Did you try contacting the Vertex support guy in this thread a page or 2 back?
Just unboxed and fired up my 260 unit finally. After a bit of frustration, I was able to program on the fixture itself (via the display on the end) and given all the software frustration and lack of support may be happy doing things that way from here on out in order to avoid a lot of future anxiety (realizing I will be missing out on a lot of features the software provides). I have uninstalled modules I am debating whether or not to install. My question is: can the auxiliary modules similarly be programmed on the fixture itself or can they only be programmed via the desktop software? Many thanks for your input!
This is definitely a question for Vertex as well.

kyleinayr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anywhere I can find the install program for the vertex vlink desktop?
Still have all levels saved but don't have the install file to put desktop on new computer.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anywhere I can find the install program for the vertex vlink desktop?
Still have all levels saved but don't have the install file to put desktop on new computer.
Interesting, their website is under construction. Have you contacted the Vertex contact a few pages back? I may still have the zip file on my computer but I was running windows XP at the time.

kyleinayr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried but email bounced back.
Sites been under construction for some time.
Just hoping that someone saved the install file.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super bummed the company crapped out here on their lights. I definitely won’t buy another Vertex product, ever! I understand you discontinued the lights but the support products should still be made available for those of us who purchased the product. Speaks volumes to me.

kyleinayr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The email to Kimberly did not bounce back. No reply however.
Without the desktop, I will likely have to get something new.
Hmmmm

kyleinayr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam at Vertex has sent me a link to Dropbox folder with all files I may ever need.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back