Virginia, Richmond Reef Club meeting at Twon8's place!

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was great meeting you guys (chris and rik), i'm sorry you guys had to leave a little bit early....but very glad you guys could at least make it down for most of the meet.

i thought the entire gathering was a HUGE success!! lots of awesome corals, some GREAT food (brownies and meatballs), everyone seemed plenty pleased! people were about to slug eachother to get those aussie acans (thanks chris!).

anthony.....that nintendo Wii is freakin' AWESOME! i'm gonna throw my xbox into the dumpster......it doesn't have anything on how fun the Wii tennis and bowling are.

i'm hating myself for not picking up one of the clams in the raffle....or that ridiculously awesome clam we left at the store. some of the best ORA maxima's i've ever seen.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm hating myself for not picking up one of the clams in the raffle....or that ridiculously awesome clam we left at the store. some of the best ORA maxima's i've ever seen.[/IMG]
The "awesome" clam with all the aiptasia? If you ever need some aiptasia clean up off a piece bring it over, my peppermint shirimp be lovin' him some of that junk.

I'm not sure which two clams for your pictures I got, but one is teal and the other is dark blue. Both are really cool looking, I'm looking forward to seeing them progress and grow in my tank. Yet another chance to kick my tank up a notch! Bam!

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "awesome" clam with all the aiptasia? If you ever need some aiptasia clean up off a piece bring it over, my peppermint shirimp be lovin' him some of that junk.

I'm not sure which two clams for your pictures I got, but one is teal and the other is dark blue. Both are really cool looking, I'm looking forward to seeing them progress and grow in my tank. Yet another chance to kick my tank up a notch! Bam!

no, the one i left at the store with the aptasia was comparable to the others we brought.

but there was one other that marvin wouldn't let us take......it was probably the coolest maxima i've EVER seen. it was a couple of shades of blue, and the entire center was white splotches. i've NEVER seen white in a maxima clam before. it had a very similar color pattern to a blue squamosa except it was much brighter.

the 2nd best clam was a turqoise one, which was lined with a forest green edge.....i've never seen that either.

it is the clam in the top left in the 2nd pic, and bottom left in the 4th pic. can't remember who claimed it.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was actually thinking about getting the clam with the white splotches, did someone get it?
i stopped by marvs place on thursday or friday and didnt know which ot get so i got none...
maybe ill head back on monday and see if anything is left
heres the pic i took but it looks like from the pic its already gone?!
Clams.jpg

Last edited:

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was great to meet all of u!!! Awesome meeting ad great food! Thanks again Anthony and Al!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 78 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back