Vitamin C dosing for zoanthids (I am clueless)

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh I wonder why mine did that then. After mixing it in a cup I added it to the return section of my sump. How about my pH level? Its sitting at 7.8. Id hate to keep dosing and have that crash on me.

The ph of the calcium ascorbate I dose when lights are off is 7.4

The sodium ascorbate has a ph of 7.1 so I dose it when lights are on.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birds of paradise has not opened up since I started dosing. All other corals seem fine. Although my red planet isn't opening up as full with extension as before as well. I'm going to wait a few days before dosing again and see if things go back to normal. So far not really excitied about this method.

Javsku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started dosing last night on my 45 gallon mixed reef. Going to observe results before dosing in my 90 gallon.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now my zoas are looking colorful and happy vs before i started dosing. The one thing i am noticing is that im getting some white bleaching spots on my Purple Haze Monti. Not sure if that has anything to do with the dosing but its been really healthly ever since i started dosing. Ill try to get pics tonight.

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now my zoas are looking colorful and happy vs before i started dosing. The one thing i am noticing is that im getting some white bleaching spots on my Purple Haze Monti. Not sure if that has anything to do with the dosing but its been really healthly ever since i started dosing. Ill try to get pics tonight.

How much are you dosing/how often/and for how long? How big is your tank?

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you dosing/how often/and for how long? How big is your tank?

I was told to up to 1/2 now i have 120 gal display with 40 gal sump. been dosing for a few weeks now. I place the powder in my sump right over my return pumps it normally sucks it right up and shoots it into the display should i change what im doing? I dose 2 times a day 1 at around 5:30 and another around 9-10-11 pm

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to up to 1/2 now i have 120 gal display with 40 gal sump. been dosing for a few weeks now. I place the powder in my sump right over my return pumps it normally sucks it right up and shoots it into the display should i change what im doing? I dose 2 times a day 1 at around 5:30 and another around 9-10-11 pm

I honestly wouldn't say you need to change anything. I dose before the lights come on in the morning and after the lights turn off at night. Only 1/4 tsp for now, going on day 5

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To keep away from the carbon and protein skimmer as long as possible, hopefully delaying depletion.

Seagars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got in the mail today. Let the dosing begin.
I have a 150g dot with 25g sump. Going to start with 1/4 tsp but how long before I increase to 1/2 tsp?
And then what should be the most I dose?

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got in the mail today. Let the dosing begin.
I have a 150g dot with 25g sump. Going to start with 1/4 tsp but how long before I increase to 1/2 tsp?
And then what should be the most I dose?

Start with 1/4 tsp twice a day until day 3-5, depending on how fast you want to progress. I'm doing 1/4 for one more day and then bumping up to 1/2tsp and staying at this dosage. I am dosing to see IF I can get bigger/more full polyps and possibly better coloration. Not to mention it's beneficial to everything in the tank. (Be sure and read up as much as possible, you can never know "enough"...GL with the dosing!

P.S.-Make sure all your levels are at the recommended numbers as stated by Pufferpunk.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birds of paradise has not opened up since I started dosing. All other corals seem fine. Although my red planet isn't opening up as full with extension as before as well. I'm going to wait a few days before dosing again and see if things go back to normal. So far not really excitied about this method.

Did it open back up? My bop closed up today as well, everything else is looking good though..

Back