Vitamin C dosing for zoanthids (I am clueless)

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from a different store that a closed paypal, they sent me calcium ascorbate instead, I contacted them, th ey sent me sodium as ornate free of charge. So no 10 off but I got two of the nutritionist bottles for like 20 bucks

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of the Purple Haze

BEFORE
8942221659_61ac16c428_b.jpg

AFTER
20130618220203-63989b19-me.jpg

My Rasta are doing AMAZING i dont have a before pic and heres a terrible after i have added at least 2 zoas, and they have doubled in size.

20130618220158-76bb749b-me.jpg

I believe the dosing is really helping my zoas and i havent been dosing that long ill keep everyone updated.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think that is too high a dose. I am using a lil less than that on my 15g frag tank. Do you have a skimmer on there? If not, I don't suggest dosing.

I'm very interested in this topic, and I'm reading throng the thread. I'm about halfway through...this is a LOT of reading.

Do I understand from this that I shouldn't dose VC if I don't have a skimmer? I'm thinking about dosing my BioCube 14, but I have no skimmer.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might want to check the Reef Chemistry forum on RC (you should still be able to read posts there). There are a few on there thah have dosed both. Personaly, it seems redundant to me, since VC can do much more than act like a carbon source.

So VC does qualify as carbon dosing on addition to its other benefits?

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very interested in this topic, and I'm reading throng the thread. I'm about halfway through...this is a LOT of reading.

Do I understand from this that I shouldn't dose VC if I don't have a skimmer? I'm thinking about dosing my BioCube 14, but I have no skimmer.

Yeah with everything i read if you dont have a skimmer your going to want to hold off on dosing Vitamin C.

If you get a skimmer and want to try this which i would recommend i ahve 3 bottles i would be more than happy to sell you one and i think you wanted some chalices i had just let me know!!!

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw nothing on the bottle or through looking online about it needing refrigeration so I keep mine on my shelf in my cabinet.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using mine. Did a 15G water change and my Birds of Paradise is finally starting to look normal again. Everyone has that 1 piece of coral in there tank that they use as a "guide" piece for when things aren't right. Mine is the Birds of Paradise and I've never seen it look so bad. Everything else in the tank was ok but I stopped using it all together. Once that piece gets 100% back to normal I'll try again and see if it was the VC doing it. But at this point Id like to think it was. Only time will tell and I'll report back when I try again.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using mine. Did a 15G water change and my Birds of Paradise is finally starting to look normal again. Everyone has that 1 piece of coral in there tank that they use as a "guide" piece for when things aren't right. Mine is the Birds of Paradise and I've never seen it look so bad. Everything else in the tank was ok but I stopped using it all together. Once that piece gets 100% back to normal I'll try again and see if it was the VC doing it. But at this point Id like to think it was. Only time will tell and I'll report back when I try again.
My bop closed for 1 day, but it's back open and full again (continued and increased dosing).. Though the bop was only in my tank two days before I started dosing c so I can't necessarily days the c made it close up.. Seems like everything had a day or so that it looked ****** but everything has opened back up and most of it looks happier/more open then before.. I'm gonna continue/increase dosages..

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates from anyone?

Everything in the tank is doing well thus far. The VC seems to really benefit the fish just as much as the corals!!! I've been dosing 1/2 tsp for 3 days now. I'll probably stay at this dosage.

Doom616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started VC dosing a week ago today. Aside from what looks like a small overdose from my skimmer deciding it was going to go on vacation, everything is starting to look better. The biggest improvement has been in the fish. Since starting dosing their coloration is spectacular and they are much more active.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has cleared back up and my birds of paradise is looking normal finally, so I started dosing again this morning. Added the 1/4 tsp in the sump return section this morning. So we'll see how she looks when I get home.

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have Duncans? Mine has been closed a lot since starting. Sometimes it opens some of the heads but not fully, and when it does it will eat mysis. Everything else is doing great.

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i dint have to scrape my glass nearly s much, but my filter socks are slimed and clogged in a day. List od nasty gooey slime in my sump too, but my display looks amazing!

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started VC dosing a week ago today. Aside from what looks like a small overdose from my skimmer deciding it was going to go on vacation, everything is starting to look better. The biggest improvement has been in the fish. Since starting dosing their coloration is spectacular and they are much more active.

My skimmer pulls more now. My royal gramma is out all the time also. He and the clowns hang out and bully the yellowtail damsel lol

Doom616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think the pump on my skimmer is going out. Any time I turn it off it is a dice roll whether or not it starts back up without me having to pull it apart. When it does work it pulls out more than it did before. I also get that wretched slime in the sump area while the display looks crystal clear. The only other time I have seen this slime was when I did an overdose on NOPOX. However the same slime was also in the display instead if just the sump.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back