View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so how much i have to dose for 100g tanks
or
1ml vodka= ? how many gallons?
can anyone give me suggest pls?

PLEASE GO READ UP ABOUT DOSING BEFORE STARTING IT!!!! It can cause serious issues if you do not know the correct way to use it!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read a lot on the main articles, but read threads about vodka dosing as well. Look in the SPS forum, where SunnyX has a thread stickied about Vodka and Mb7 dosing. It has links to a few articles in there as well.

Seasonedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of using different vodka types for different strains of bacteria. Most of the time its using things like MicroBater7 and stuff like that for strains. I wouldn't mix types of vodka, as it would be hard to keep a daily regime going.

What i meant is you can use vodka one month to get one strain of bateria then switch to reef bio fuel one month to help stregthen or build up another strain. I didnt mean use different brands of vodka to get different strains lol. Sorry for my poor explanation.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i meant is you can use vodka one month to get one strain of bateria then switch to reef bio fuel one month to help stregthen or build up another strain. I didnt mean use different brands of vodka to get different strains lol. Sorry for my poor explanation.

Oh, that was my fault on bad wording. I should have put different carbon methods instead of different vodka types. Sorry about that. From what I've read, people usually stick to one regimen, as I don't recall people using multiple products like that. I think if you did that, you could never get on track with the dosing. Maybe there is a way, I'm just going by what I've read and experienced.

jonzee2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your lazy like I am try biofuel I believe its safer and it does the same thing. just dont over do it because it will have negative affects

Seasonedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, that was my fault on bad wording. I should have put different carbon methods instead of different vodka types. Sorry about that. From what I've read, people usually stick to one regimen, as I don't recall people using multiple products like that. I think if you did that, you could never get on track with the dosing. Maybe there is a way, I'm just going by what I've read and experienced.

I prefer to stick to one type of carbon source myself. what i was mentioning above is using different types to get different strains and different results. One product like bio fuel maybe better at feeding a certain bacteria that is better at combating red slime or maybe vodka is better at feeding bacterias that are better at combating diatoms. I think the logic in using multiple types of carbon sources (not simultaniously obviously) is to combat different bad bacterias and promote the good bacteria and so fourth. Im not saying run out and use vodka sugar and vinegar. Im just saying different people get different results depending on their carbon source and their tanks biological make up. All in all I guess what im trying to say is have fun with it! try vodka! If vodka doesnt really do it for your reef try something else like bio fuel or micro bacter or vinegar or sugar. Keep in mind they can all be dangerous to your reef and have negative effects if not dosed responsibly. A good friend of mine use to always say different strokes for different folks.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer to stick to one type of carbon source myself. what i was mentioning above is using different types to get different strains and different results. One product like bio fuel maybe better at feeding a certain bacteria that is better at combating red slime or maybe vodka is better at feeding bacterias that are better at combating diatoms. I think the logic in using multiple types of carbon sources (not simultaniously obviously) is to combat different bad bacterias and promote the good bacteria and so fourth. Im not saying run out and use vodka sugar and vinegar. Im just saying different people get different results depending on their carbon source and their tanks biological make up. All in all I guess what im trying to say is have fun with it! try vodka! If vodka doesnt really do it for your reef try something else like bio fuel or micro bacter or vinegar or sugar. Keep in mind they can all be dangerous to your reef and have negative effects if not dosed responsibly. A good friend of mine use to always say different strokes for different folks.

Ahh...gotcha. I thought you meant at the time time :) Sorry about that. I just use vodka right now, mostly cause I'm minutes about from about 15 distilleries, and it costs next to nothing to get a bottle around here.

There is a mixture/recipe that you can dose for vodka, suger, and vinegar though, so you can dose all three together.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back