Want to see your large systems sump!

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the A.G.E tank? Im on the line with who i want to go with for my upgrade so far. Got 4 different quotes from various guys and the guy from AGE i spoke with was very helpful

I have only had water in it for a couple of weeks but I love this tank! I looked around as well and decided to spend a little more and get a great quality tank and stand. It is 96x30x24.
Front.jpg

starfire.jpg

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make this? I like it! Im that homemade one myself.

I didn't make the tank itself but designed the layout and put in the baffles myself and then added a coat of paint to it. I think the tank is a standard 55gal (4ft) that I pulled the bracing out of (shouldn't need it with the baffles).

I wish I could afford a sump like some of the awesome custom made ones I see on here but I am quite happy with how it turned out. The 6mm acrylic was left over from my algae turf scrubber build, the second hand tank cost me $100, glass for the baffles (6mm) cost $50, $10 for the silicone and some left over white and black paint. So overall quite a cheap sump (especially for where I live haha) :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

711reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fitter how do you like your bashea skimmer ? I rarely see reviews on these and was considering one for a larger system in the works

Fitter48088

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fitter how do you like your bashea skimmer ? I rarely see reviews on these and was considering one for a larger system in the works
Best skimmers I have ever run, You would not believe the skimmate they pull. I run two the large 836 is my main system skimmer, I run it on a Sicce Syncra 12 it's an absolute beast. I also run an 824 that runs on bypass water from my hammerhead system pump to take over duty while the big skimmer is down for cleaning, maintenance e etc. My total system volume is around 550 gallons and heavily stocked.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice systems.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These are awesome!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back