Watanabei Angelfish Any Ideas????

SRQban

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,

Any ideas as to what this may be? He refuses to eat and we have noticed white stringy poop which suggests an internal parasite. Is this a part of the parasite infection?

8E8153E8-D04F-4834-BD0C-C7BC1A2388B1.jpeg A5909C73-02B6-4A33-B6AD-5EE91B9F6722.jpeg DC1B7671-A449-4249-A66C-E3D9DDE7866D.jpeg 15295AA6-5AF7-4AA6-B49C-3BE1335E3349.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish, is it a fresh import? Can you get a pic under white light, the blue makes it difficult to see clearly.

What I see is Uronema or Uronema mixed with a bacterial infection. The location is problematic - right over the abdomen. If the infections goes even a bit deeper, it will perforate the coelomic cavity and then nothing can be done for it.

What treatment tank options do you have?

Jay

OP
OP
SRQban

SRQban

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish, is it a fresh import? Can you get a pic under white light, the blue makes it difficult to see clearly.

What I see is Uronema or Uronema mixed with a bacterial infection. The location is problematic - right over the abdomen. If the infections goes even a bit deeper, it will perforate the coelomic cavity and then nothing can be done for it.

What treatment tank options do you have?

Jay

Hi Jay yes thank you a new import from LiveAquaria! I took a couple of more pics. I have a 7.5 gallon tank that can be used for QT if necessary. Here are the pics. Can this be spread to the other fish in the tank????

B0A54544-9346-4CF2-97AA-85EB6DDC26B7.jpeg 05A53061-5D01-4526-A185-38B255027DE8.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, still too blue. I wonder if you turned out the blue LEDs and used a white flashlight to get the shot?

I just don't think you are going to be able to put that fish in a 7.5 gallon tank, it's about 3 1/2" to 4" isn't it?

What else is in the tank with it? I normally never say this, but you might need to try Ruby Reef Rally Pro. It is more or less invertebrate safe, I just don't think it is going to be strong/fast-acting enough for this treatment.

Jay

OP
OP
SRQban

SRQban

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, still too blue. I wonder if you turned out the blue LEDs and used a white flashlight to get the shot?

I just don't think you are going to be able to put that fish in a 7.5 gallon tank, it's about 3 1/2" to 4" isn't it?

What else is in the tank with it? I normally never say this, but you might need to try Ruby Reef Rally Pro. It is more or less invertebrate safe, I just don't think it is going to be strong/fast-acting enough for this treatment.

Jay

I could probably do that if necessary. There are 12 other fish of varying sizes in there with him. Sounds like you think this is fairly severe and may not be treatable in time. I just want to try everything possible and also make sure it doesn’t spread to any of the other fish. Thank you for your help!!!!

OP
OP
SRQban

SRQban

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay

Also Jay,

He is not moving very much as far as swimming is concerned so maybe the 7.5 gallon tank will suffice? As morbid as it sounds, I want to do everything possible for the fish, but I also don’t want to jeopardize all the other fish in the tank. Do you believe this is potentiality infectious to the others in the tank?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch the ammonia in that small of a tank.
If it IS Uronema, it is most likely only going to easily transmit to anthias and wrasses.
Jay

OP
OP
SRQban

SRQban

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch the ammonia in that small of a tank.
If it IS Uronema, it is most likely only going to easily transmit to anthias and wrasses.
Jay

FYI he passed bout an hour ago....I feel terrible but I’m just hoping no one else was infected. Thanks again Jay.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back