Watchman has a hole in mid body?

SaltyNewb850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Wanted some advice as to what I am looking at on my watchman goby. He has a small hole surrounded by his skin turning white. Didn't notice this 3 days ago. Checking water parameters frequently and all seem good. Only thing new added was a couple emerald crabs and a lawnmower blenny 5 days ago.

Salinity 1.026
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrate 0
Alk 168 ppm
Calcium 435
Phosphate .004 ppm

PXL_20201020_224444717.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's difficult to judge fish under blue light, can you get a photo under white light only? Is there a larger halo of discoloration around the hole? There are a number of bacterial diseases that can cause lesions like this - including Aeromonas. Do you have the ability to move the goby to a treatment tank? If so, you could dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic. Oxytetracycline is one choice, but the closest pet store brand I know of would the the related Maracyn 2.

Jay

OP
OP
SaltyNewb850

SaltyNewb850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a better photo. But I can definitely set up a treatment tank (10 gal). Would an anemone sting cause a lesion? Mr. Scrooge (watchman) typically parked himself beside the bubbletip.

Mooses

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a better photo. But I can definitely set up a treatment tank (10 gal). Would an anemone sting cause a lesion? Mr. Scrooge (watchman) typically parked himself beside the bubbletip.
That was going to be my first question lol. Definitely looks like he got zapped by a Nem.

Hope he gets better soon!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that is an anemone sting, those are usually on the face, and a bta shouldnt cause such a severe reaction.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back