OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking 4 on the overflow side but the sand is real fine and I think I will have a sand storm.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, good point. I'd say it's completely fine to run a gyre on the viewing end. I have an XF330 in my 3 ft tank on the end on gradual pulse 10-60% and it's plenty of flow.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, at least the magnet on the gyre is pretty low profile and Id only have 1 power cord. I assume 1 xf350 or maybe that new maxspect jump 4k? Would be enough?

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone out there help me tune my Calrx? I set it up per BRS video but that's just a ballpark. I have tuned it from there set points but Im not sure its right. I have the Vertex reactor and the ph is set to, low value 6.5 and High Value 6.6 in the apex and my carbon doser is set to 1 bubble per second. I have the versa set to 60ml/min.
This seems to be giving me a steady 8dkh on the trident I'm just wondering if its good or way out of whack and can be tuned better. Im new to the calrx world :)
Also, Im using the Caribsea ARM course in the main chamber and the little reborn in the second chamber.
Update: I just tested the effluent dkh, and I got 16.6dkh, I read this should be around 25dkh. What can I do to get this higher? I am already at 6.5ph, do I slow down the drops?

Last edited:
OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some end shots

20200808_153430.jpg 20200808_153422.jpg 20200808_153415.jpg 20200808_153400.jpg 20200808_153355.jpg

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone out there help me tune my Calrx? I set it up per BRS video but that's just a ballpark. I have tuned it from there set points but Im not sure its right. I have the Vertex reactor and the ph is set to, low value 6.5 and High Value 6.6 in the apex and my carbon doser is set to 1 bubble per second. I have the versa set to 60ml/min.
This seems to be giving me a steady 8dkh on the trident I'm just wondering if its good or way out of whack and can be tuned better. Im new to the calrx world :)
Also, Im using the Caribsea ARM course in the main chamber and the little reborn in the second chamber.
Update: I just tested the effluent dkh, and I got 16.6dkh, I read this should be around 25dkh. What can I do to get this higher? I am already at 6.5ph, do I slow down the drops?
I haven't tried this method myself, but it might be easier than trying to tune via pH
Yea, at least the magnet on the gyre is pretty low profile and Id only have 1 power cord. I assume 1 xf350 or maybe that new maxspect jump 4k? Would be enough?
XF350 works pretty well on the viewing end by itself. I'm still wishing I had a bit more flow on that end though. My aquascape really blocks the flow that comes from the overflow end. The Icecap 4k doesn't work on 3/4" glass. The XF350 holds tho only barely, when I drain water out for WC's it falls down.
DSC_2853.jpg

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a twist to the build thread lol. I am going to be moving and I would like to sell the tank and build a new one at the new house. so yep you guess it upgrades lol!!
I would like the build where I have the display tank and a frag tank plumbed into one sump so it will probably be a custom tank and not a tank like red sea or water box.

Oh man, how the hell is this going to move out of here lol! I don't even know where to start. I want to keep most of the livestock and sell most of the equipment and keep some. Luckily I never sold my old 75g and my brother said he can hold the fish/coral for me in that until I get up and running again.

I have to figure out pricing as I don't want to sit on this tank I don't have time for that, tanks are so hit or miss though. sometimes they sell and sometimes they don't. Not a lot of people what this size tank either. I guess we shall see.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a twist to the build thread lol. I am going to be moving and I would like to sell the tank and build a new one at the new house. so yep you guess it upgrades lol!!
I would like the build where I have the display tank and a frag tank plumbed into one sump so it will probably be a custom tank and not a tank like red sea or water box.

Oh man, how the hell is this going to move out of here lol! I don't even know where to start. I want to keep most of the livestock and sell most of the equipment and keep some. Luckily I never sold my old 75g and my brother said he can hold the fish/coral for me in that until I get up and running again.

I have to figure out pricing as I don't want to sit on this tank I don't have time for that, tanks are so hit or miss though. sometimes they sell and sometimes they don't. Not a lot of people what this size tank either. I guess we shall see.

oh man I was just getting into this build thread. totally understand thO I bought a RS 750XXl moved it in the house plumbed it water tested it and guess what...we bought a house so yeah I fell ya buddy.

the 7226 are amazinf tanks I bought one two but then i found out "yeah got ahead" really does not mean that...lol

GLWS I am sure someone local will grab that tank. just hope they have 6 strong friends and pizza and beer.

I hope the new tank will be a peninsula too!

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man I was just getting into this build thread. totally understand thO I bought a RS 750XXl moved it in the house plumbed it water tested it and guess what...we bought a house so yeah I fell ya buddy.

the 7226 are amazinf tanks I bought one two but then i found out "yeah got ahead" really does not mean that...lol

GLWS I am sure someone local will grab that tank. just hope they have 6 strong friends and pizza and beer.

I hope the new tank will be a peninsula too!

I know thats what Im worried about getting it back upstairs lol. it cost me 100 bucks to move it down to the basement might be worth having movers do the work again. They move super heavy gun safes etc all the time.

I'm considering maybe going with custom aquariums for the new build.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know thats what Im worried about getting it back upstairs lol. it cost me 100 bucks to move it down to the basement might be worth having movers do the work again. They move super heavy gun safes etc all the time.

I'm considering maybe going with custom aquariums for the new build.

dude only a $100!!! I got a quote for around 2K to move my red sea 750 less that 200FT
I would jump all over that.

when the time comes check out @joe@glasscages for your custom work . they have been making some great tanks lately.
good luck with everything

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it was a good deal, the highest quote I got was $250. 2k is insane!! wow. Ill have to check out glasscages thanks.
We would love to support your journey. Lots of options. We are having a blast innovating and supporting the hobby. Thanks for the consideration.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it was a good deal, the highest quote I got was $250. 2k is insane!! wow. Ill have to check out glasscages thanks.

well I give you $200 to deliver that tank to me...haha no really. come out for a vacation we the Tetons and Yellowstone
!
yeah it was crazy expensive I dont have that kinda money. some ppl do tho just not us working stiffs I guess.
good luck with everything man

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back