Waterbox Aluminum Stand Slot Hardware

xCROv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting together the aluminum stand for a new Waterbox Infinia 175.6 and noticed that one of these mounting hardware parts had a defective screw. I've already contacted support for a replacement but was curious if anyone knew what the name of this part was since you could use them to mount additional aluminum extrude or something to the stand if you wanted.

They work by twisting the screw, and the three prongs at the top expand and grab onto the aluminum extrudes lip that it's inserted into.

1711137687374.png

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
dang my new 6025 peninsula has this dang nut screws instead of those. I wonder if I got an old style stand.

OP
OP
X

xCROv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Type of mechanism is typically called a "cam lock" at least it was in the industry I used to use them in.

*Edit - "Tension Locks"
Awesome! I've been throwing random words at Google trying to figure out what they are called. I think this will let me have the ability to mount extra hardware inside the stand since Waterbox leaves little area to mount anything.

OP
OP
X

xCROv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find them online anywhere?
IM sells some here that are pretty expensive for what they are. I bought 20 of them off Alibaba for $30 though.

The aluminum extrude that Waterbox actually uses is called Exhibition Booth Frame or something similar. Haven't done a ton of research on it as I'm still figuring out how I'd like to setup and mount the manifold. I'm really not a fan of the really minimal stand Waterbox uses. I really like the ability to mount hardware inside the sump that you just can't do with these things aluminum extrude parts that are not even tslots.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back