Hardware for IM APS Stand

RJenks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my new IM Nuvo 100 EXT with their APS stand (aluminum T-slot extrusions). I want to add some supports for the plumbing and attach them to the T-slots in the stand. I am a complete neophyte when it comes to working with T-slots. There are two different size slots on this stand. I am trying to find out what hardware I can use to attach my plumbing supports to either of these slots. Please be specific and assume I know nothing (which is the case).

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the back is open so are going to want to attach something to the rear sides of the stand?
You could put a sheet of plywood on the rear of the stand, so maybe the with of the stand and 12" tall and put your supports there, I had to completely take apart my stand because I wanted to get all of the shrink wrap plastic off, once you do that you will become very familiar with the stand and what is possible. You could change the inserts, you could put smoke glass in there, I wanted a white stand they were not available so I rubber painted it and used white car warp for the panels.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side panel
20171225_121925.jpg

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doors, you can see the black beneath, it took lots of cans of rubber white paint.
20171228_114138.jpg

OP
OP
R

RJenks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not want to cover the back of the stand (like with a sheet of plywood). This would give me a place to secure hardware, but I like having as much access to the sump in the cabinet as possible.
I did find out that M5 T-slot nuts will fit the large slot on this stand. These will give me a fixed anchor point to start McGiver-ing something.
I cannot find anything that fits the small slots on these stands.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need to put a full piece pf plywood, just enough to mount your brackets to.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not want to cover the back of the stand (like with a sheet of plywood). This would give me a place to secure hardware, but I like having as much access to the sump in the cabinet as possible.
I did find out that M5 T-slot nuts will fit the large slot on this stand. These will give me a fixed anchor point to start McGiver-ing something.

HI,
did you get the m5 hardware and figure out a plumbing support?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your m5 t slot as im thing of doing something similar.
Thanks

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back