Waterbox Marine AIO 40.2 Build (by ingchr1)

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice; Following along.... Could you post some pictures detailing the inside of your cabinet please?

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice; Following along.... Could you post some pictures detailing the inside of your cabinet please?
Thank you

Profilux Touch on the door (in hindsight probably not the best location as it gets dripped on).

Cabinet_201228 (1).jpg

The shelves are roll out, here's a post on them. Takes thought and a little caution when rolling them out as the wires and lines all move.

Cabinet_201228 (6).jpg

Powerhead, skimmer and ATO controllers on the door.

Cabinet_201228 (2).jpg

Inside top is where all the electrical is. P4 controller, redundant power bars, mini PC for Seneye, WiFi power strip for lights, Reef Brite control interface and a UPS.

Cabinet_201228 (7).jpg

Cabinet_201228 (3).jpg

Cabinet_201228 (4).jpg

The bottom of the cabinet has ATO reservoir, dosing and other feeding/maintenance items.

Cabinet_201228 (8).jpg

To summarize, slightly organized chaos....

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for pictures, quite a lot stuffed in the cabinet, is quite helpful. One more question if you don't mind, I am looking at the same Skimmer: Tunze 9004 DC, I wonder if it will fit in mine WB 35.2; could you measure the chamber yours is in, please.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for pictures, quite a lot stuffed in the cabinet, is quite helpful. One more question if you don't mind, I am looking at the same Skimmer: Tunze 9004 DC, I wonder if it will fit in mine WB 35.2; could you measure the chamber yours is in, please.
The chamber it's in is ~4.5" x 4.5", which has ~4" of usable width because of the channel for water flow between chambers.

The skimmer just fits.

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the same stand for the new WB 35.2; what is the hight of the first shelf? if you were to do it again, what would you do different ?

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the same stand for the new WB 35.2; what is the hight of the first shelf? if you were to do it again, what would you do different ?
The top of the top shelf is at 18". Keep in mind the stand does not come with shelves, I added those.

As far as the tank itself and stand, don't think I would do anything different. The stand I would have preferred something that looks more like furniture, not a big fan of these type of cabinets. I would have had to gone out and find a cabinet maker for one though.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The containers I'm using for dosing are 32oz Bettix bottles. I bought these when I started manual dosing. They are nice in that you squeeze the bottle to fill the upper reservoir to get the product out. When I got the dosing pumps I simply drilled a hole in the caps of the bottles and stuck the dosing pump suction tube in. This created a problem in that the dosing pump tubing is not ridged, it is clear and with the opaque bottle you have no idea where the bottom of tube is. Today I noticed that my Alk line was not full. Upon investigation the bottom of the dosing pump pickup tubing was curled up and about a quarter of the way up the bottle, out of the fluid.

What I did was used some extra 3/8" RO line I had and feed the dosing pump pickup tube down through it. I cut a notch in the bottom of the RO line and used a ty-rap at the top to prevent the dosing tube from getting push in to the bottom of the bottle and potentially getting blocked off from the liquid.

Kind of hard to see in the photo, but the doing pump tubing goes all the way down to the notch.

IMG_20210102_152309729.jpg

IMG_20210102_154325987.jpg

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the sound level on these waterbox AIOs? Are you able to keep your tank fairly quiet so far?

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the sound level on these waterbox AIOs? Are you able to keep your tank fairly quiet so far?
No issue with sound level. The loudest item is the skimmer. I'm running Sicce return pumps, so not sure about the return pump it comes with.

For reference the tank is in the living room and zero complaints about tank noise.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chris, any tank updates?
The tank is doing good. Corals are growing and fish are well. Have a big outbreak of euglena at the moment. The glass gets covered in hours and patches grow on the sand, on the rocks as well. Think I caused it by cleaning all the coraline off the back wall. Looks like it's improving though. I changed the ATS to run when the lights are on vice opposite schedule. Need a few more days to see if changing the ATS schedule is indeed helping. I also modified the ATS, made one with three sides. The original only had two sides and algae started to grow on the back wall of the chamber.

20210309_194244.jpg

20210321_182540.jpg

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my first reef tank, a Waterbox Marine AIO 40.2. The last tank I had was about 20 years ago and was a 55 gallon fish only. I selected an AIO since the location I have for the tank will not accommodate any other cabinets for housing supplies and electronics. The footprint of the area is ~30” x 24”, so a tank with a sump would not have left much room in the stand for housing these other items. The location is in the dining room and adjacent to the kitchen. I could have used the kitchen cabinet on the other side of the wall from the tank (made a pass through the wall), but ended up ruling that idea out.

I went with the Waterbox 40.2 for the dimensions and their tanks seem like a good value for the quality. I did get the tank during their Blue Monday event. I actually got most of my equipment through Black Friday sales, along with a few items from the for sale section of the forum. I considered several other tanks and used a spreadsheet for comparison. I also used the spreadsheet for equipment selection and on-going cost tracking.

Here are the major components of the build:

Tank: Waterbox Marine AIO 40.2
Stand: Waterbox Black
Lighting: GHL Mitras LX7 with Flex Mount
Controller: GHL Profilux P4
Power Heads: Tunze 6040 (x2)
Heaters: Eheim Trutemp 125W (primary) Eheim Trutemp 125W (backup) (Post on initial heater change) (Post on final heater change)
Backup Heater Controller: Cobalt Neo-Stat The P4 (Post on final heater change)
Cooling: GHL PropellerBreeze II (3 fan)
Skimmer: Tunze 9004 DC
ATO: Tunze Osmolator
Aquascape: Marcorocks Shelfscape 30, plus an additional small foundation rock
Sand: Caribsea Special Grade 20lbs

Here is how I sized up the location; the box was 20” x 24”:

Tank Mockup (e).jpg

Here is the tank in place:

Tank (e).jpg
This is a 35.2 isnt it mate av just bought one and wondering if the tunze 9004 fitted in and i came across this

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a 35.2 isnt it mate av just bought one and wondering if the tunze 9004 fitted in and i came across this
No, it's a 40.2. I just went to thier website and they do not sell it any longer. Looks like they have updated the product line.

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's a 40.2. I just went to thier website and they do not sell it any longer. Looks like they have updated the product line.
I think sump chambers have same dimensions in both WBs, 40.2 and 35.2, if i'm not mistaken?

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the aquascape I'm using Marcorocks ShelfScape 30 package. I added a small foundation piece and ended up not using two of the shelf rocks that came with the package. I bought some Epo Putty just incase the rocks needed some bonding, but did not use any of it. These rocks really lock together nicely and are stable.

I have moved the rocks some what, as they were too close to the glass for cleaning.

Right now I'm filling the tank and have added the sand. The tank is very cloudy and about half way full. My RO/DI makes about a gallon of DI an hour.

Scape 1.jpg

Adding Water.jpg
What are the dimensions of the display i have one getting delivered friday and need to build my scape

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current parameters:

NO3 < 0.2 - Salifert
PO4 = .04 - Hanna
Ca = 425 - Redsea
Mg = 1440 - Aqua Forest
Alk = 7.3 - Redsea (I normally use Hanna but have a Redsea kit I need to use up)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back