Wavemaker/Circulation pump Recommendations??

OllieGreen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I recently set up a 20 gallon cube and i need to find a good wavemaker. Originally I set up the tank with a cheap wavemaker i got off amazon for maybe $10-11. I assumed since it was so cheap and advertised to fit a 20-30 gallon saltwater i would be fine. I was not fine. The wavemaker stirred up the sand so much there were hills half the height of my tank and lots of bare spots where the sand was completely gone from+the water was incredibly cloudy. Obviously way to strong. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a wavemaker that would fit a 20 gallon cube with about an 1 1/2-2 1/2 inch sand bed planning to do a mixed reef?

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I recently set up a 20 gallon cube and i need to find a good wavemaker. Originally I set up the tank with a cheap wavemaker i got off amazon for maybe $10-11. I assumed since it was so cheap and advertised to fit a 20-30 gallon saltwater i would be fine. I was not fine. The wavemaker stirred up the sand so much there were hills half the height of my tank and lots of bare spots where the sand was completely gone from+the water was incredibly cloudy. Obviously way to strong. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a wavemaker that would fit a 20 gallon cube with about an 1 1/2-2 1/2 inch sand bed planning to do a mixed reef?
You might want to consider a tiny dc pump such as a jebao ow/sow 4. It’s a variable speed wavemaker so you can dial it down if needed or turn it up so you always have adequate flow as you add more corals.

WilliamBowman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the eFlux for my 29 gallon planted community tank. It is small, about the size of a tennis ball, maybe a bit smaller. It fits great in a 29 gallon tank, barely takes up any space and is hardly visible.
It's pretty quiet as well. At 100% flow I can hear it, but only if I'm right next to the tank and there's no other noise in the room

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao Ow/SOW series. Hard to beat price for performance. 46 bucks for a max flow of slightly over 1000gph and as low as 132 GPH... Great pump. I use them on my 120 to counter dead spots. The size of a golf ball.

Jebao ow series amazon

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back