OP
duberii

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm leaning toward 2 of the 660 GPH eFlux-that way I can have them on either side of the tank, linked together for a good back and forth.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 Jebao sow's, no complaints whatsoever. Koralias and current wavemakers are a different story....

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have it at full? Since my tank is double the volume I'm trying to figure out what I'd need. I was also looking at their gyre style wavemakers but these ones look good too. (The models are the CP models)
No I had it around 50% for 4 years.

315wall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the Ice Cap gyre 2k, I have 3, 2 of the old generation 3k's and a 4k in my 315. They move alot of water and are quite. Need very little maintenance and for price are really good units, I've had Tunze, Siice, Jebao, and these are my favorites. I run some cheap SunSun for my QT tanks but I am not really concerned with one failing. I've been more opent to the MP40 recently that I found out about the issue with the vinegar but I just do not see the value.

Rubblereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an android? I know app developers usually neglect androids because there are so many more operating systems- if it's on iOS then there's really no excuse haha
I do personally have an Android, but I have tried on the wife’s iPhone and 2 of my iPads. Aside from the app being as clunky as can be when you finally get in it, getting connected to the dang thing in the first place is a nightmare. You have to link to its WiFi and as soon as you try it disappears or disconnects. The solution for me was to hold the factory reset button for 15 seconds and try again, and after a few times that works. I set it up after a lot of struggling and won’t mess with the settings again. If you look up reviews on the waver you will see pretty much nobody’s having a good time with these things. they need to make a gen2 waver, if this thing just had a few simple knobs on the front of a box It would be my favorite piece of gear. Controllable ac pumps is a great idea, and The pumps are still a crazy good value, Rossmont got that part right.

abw75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used jebaos for 2 years - cheap & powerfull, but noisiest equipment of my tank, also even if I used 2 identical pumps, one had a much higher flow than the other; Another issue is how fast they loose power - I had to clean them very often to keep the flow decent; once a bit of slime built on propelers - bye-bye flow;

I replaced them with Tunze - worth every cent;

Trylobyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the loop system (hopefully the bluetooth) I would go with their wavemakers. Smaller price point with all the functionality with the app as the others mentioned here. I have 4 of them in my 50 gallon at the moment. One back left pointed up for surface agitation & side left stragith across middle, one back right pointed up for surface agitation & side right straight across middle and have them running 100% on 0.5 sec bursts alternating. Gives over 2400 gph in the tank but using the master slave it keeps all my softies and such still upright instead of blowing over and great continuous surface movement.

They are also small, powerful and silent which is nice. Only con I have noticed is once a month I do have to remove and clean propeller otherwise it's flow gets restricted. But I mean, you should honestly be doing upkeep like that to prolong the life of equipment anyways.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back