What eats Spaghetti Worm (actually hair-worm, or cirratulid polychaete)?

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grow macro algae in the display and run a bag of carbon in the back. I only have one fish

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think there would be some kind of nudi branch that eat these..

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a red spotted sandperch it may be considered some type of gobie. I had one back in the day and i would see him eating those things. He also ate bristle worms.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a randalls goby in there currently, will he battle with that fish?

DrTerro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. But having more flow over them, and more hermits that can reach these frags or whatever will more then help. You can not have a copper or wrasse with the sexy shrimp. Hermits will do wonders. Yes you have to be careful if you feed chalices or favias near them bc they will take what they want. But for me more flow, more CUC and manual removal has done a world of a difference. And if you feel like helping them faster, take them out and run under some fresh water and use a light soft tooth brush and they wash off most of the time. It is great for any pest. And I only do it with zoas. My 2 cents. Take care

OP
OP
J

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about not feeding tank for a few days and make my wrasses work for their food? I have a green coris wrasse and a melanaris wrasse. Lazy.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a few hermits, never seen them touch em? and yea I figured they would mess with the sexys, but I'd tried manual removal but they just back into a hole in the live rock and are impossible to get out without cutting them into tiny pieces... I have 3 different kinds of spaghetti worms, some are all orange, some are clear, and some are orange with lil dots running down their tentacles.

OP
OP
J

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are the ones that are orange with dots. Wish a had a zaptasia. Was thinking about using a piece of ro tubing on a turkey baster to get the ones in my rocks. I am not going to feed my tank for a couple of days and see if my fish get especially hungry.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I was trying to siphon them out in a water change with my hose, but the turkey Baster idea would work better.

Mantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done the turkey baster, siphoning and actually tweezer removal. But they are everywhere... I will try the yellow coris I guess.

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think anything that eats worms would eat pods. I had a bicolor psuedochromis that ate mine. But he also ate every thing that would fit in his mouth. Every pod, bristle worm, peanut worm, anemone shrimp/lobster, and well everything. He is gone now. I would try the turkey baster, manual removal ideas.

OP
OP
J

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanaris wrsse is doing his job. Not getting the ones in the rocks deep. I will probably use the turkey baster and blow them out and wait for the wrasse to get them

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back