What have been some of your favorite giveaways at Reef2Reef? Why those?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What have been some of your favorite giveaways at Reef2Reef? What did you like best about those giveaways? If it's just the prize, that's valid! However, we try to put some creativity into our giveaways, so maybe what you liked had to do with the giveaway entries or something else too!

Got ideas for giveaways, let us know! Give us your best suggestions, and we just might use those ideas!!

Oh, and be sure to check out the giveaways we have going right now! CLICK HERE!

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed the TSA giveaway because that was engaging and very exciting to see who got the big prizes. Also the videos were great to watch.

I recommend changing the "daily new thread" entry to a weekly one like the build thread update. Sometimes it is hard to come up with a new topic every day, but you don't want to miss the entry, so have to come up with something that might have already been covered in a previous thread. Weekly would be ideal beacause everyone can come up with some new topic at least once a week.

Big tank giveaways are always super exciting.

That jellyfish tank last year was super exciting.

The toplids/avast giveaway was great too because of the engagement in a new discussion topic every day. Nice departure from the "tag each day / post social media each week" entries. Good to mix it up a bit!

Tunze ones are unique for the "up to a million entries" which can shake up the odds a bit.

A "daily picure of something in your tank" entry would be cool.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free stuff is always awesome! I don’t play to win contests, but just to participate. I think more prizes that offer an experience would be cool. Like tickets to events, or private tours of a facility.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i always pass on contests that make you follow them on social media. just not interested in that
For sure. Luckily we avoid requiring that as an initial entry in most of our giveaways (whenever possible). We try to only use social media follows only for bonus entries.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TSA 10k410k was awesome. I enjoyed the daily videos and chatting about them.
I enjoyed the TSA contest too! The videos were fun and informative.
I enjoyed the TSA giveaway because that was engaging and very exciting to see who got the big prizes. Also the videos were great to watch.

I recommend changing the "daily new thread" entry to a weekly one like the build thread update. Sometimes it is hard to come up with a new topic every day, but you don't want to miss the entry, so have to come up with something that might have already been covered in a previous thread. Weekly would be ideal beacause everyone can come up with some new topic at least once a week.

The toplids/avast giveaway was great too because of the engagement in a new discussion topic every day. Nice departure from the "tag each day / post social media each week" entries. Good to mix it up a bit!

Tunze ones are unique for the "up to a million entries" which can shake up the odds a bit.

Great feedback! Thanks for these ideas! We should do another jellyfish tank giveaway... I like the daily picture from your tank idea!
Free stuff is always awesome! I don’t play to win contests, but just to participate. I think more prizes that offer an experience would be cool. Like tickets to events, or private tours of a facility.
Yes! Another reason I liked the TSA contest. The prize being a trip out to their facility with VIP tour is ultra cool!

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the giveaways that get everyone active and having fun together. The TSA giveaway I thought was cool seeing all the community come together to win that grand prize and seeing all the new faces as well was cool too. I think doing giveaways that drive community engagement are the best ones.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

100% agree on all points!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite was always the Toy drive.
The prizes at the end are nice, but the original spirit of the Toy drive is what I liked.
Yes! The Toy Drive is still my favorite event we do as a community each year!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my favorite giveaways are the ones that include Canada, never understand why it's so hard to include the neighbors to the north.
Livestock is difficult because of import requirements. Most equipment giveaways are open to participants outside the US as long as their willing to pay for shipping costs.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock is difficult because of import requirements. Most equipment giveaways are open to participants outside the US as long as their willing to pay for shipping costs.
ya I understand the livestock issues, but from what I've seen almost exclusively Noopsyche has been a constant international giveaway provider.
Almost all equipment and hardware giveaways are only for the 48 states, not even including the other states in their giveaways.
There's usually never an option to pay for the shipping costs if the winner isn't from the 48 USA States, because the giveaways almost always state they are only open to the 48 states.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like all giveaways, because who doesn't. But, my favorite right now is the Tunze ATO. My tank desperately needs one, but I also really like how you can enter. Still working to get the million posts... lol.

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best ones in my opinion are the ones that everyone only gets one entry. Seems like a more equal chance at winning.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back