What is the biggest fish in your tank?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a lot of us, we have a lot of different fish in our tank, some small and some that are quite large. I am wondering what is the largest fish you have in your tank and are you happy with that one fish?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5inch plus yellow tang. Mostly happy. Although it doesn’t really pick at rocks. So

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My magnificent faceface is at 6" but will soon be surpassed by a juvenile vlamingii tang -- she's already at 5"...and growing! Yes, I'm happy with it -- comes in handy when I need a justification for a larger tank upgrade! lol

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 6" yellow sleeperhead goby that's quite the character. It and the firefish goby seem to be pals and sleep in the same cave every night, and not always in the same cave night to night.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a toss up between my Foxface and my Hippo Tang. They're both just about 4", but the Tang might be fractions of an inch bigger. Nevertheless, both have nearly doubled in size within the last 6-7 months.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a young tank so there is a lot of growing to do. My foxface is the largest normal fish, but is still probably under 5".

My snowflake eel is the largest overall, but it is a pup at about 13" long. It isn't much longer although it has almost doubled in girth in the 3 months I have had it.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest fish is a zebra moray about 24 inches now. If you mean fish that look like fish, then it is a toss up between my achiles tang and magnificent foxface, although my parrotfish is quite the tank.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My magnificent faceface is at 6" but will soon be surpassed by a juvenile vlamingii tang -- she's already at 5"...and growing! Yes, I'm happy with it -- comes in handy when I need a justification for a larger tank upgrade! lol

Same for my largest, Magnificent.

Man those Vlamingii’s grow fast. I picked a small one up years ago from someone tearing down a tank in a hurry. I don’t think he fed the fish much because it became a friendly giant in my fowlr tank fast.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three engineer gobies that are probably just over 12 inches (it’s hard to tell they rarely come completely out). Out of my more traditional fish shaped fish my foxface is the largest I have at around 6 inches.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface about 4-5”
1712098216481.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back