What is your tank doing for your business?

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of transferring my 36 g Elos over to a 60 Cadlights in my waiting room. The Elos have been running for the past two years and although nothing special with a Niger Trigger named Big blue, two clowns named Bonnie and Clyde and a dwarf angel named Angel and a rock full of zoas and softies, and cuc, proved to be a big hit with patients in the waiting room. I moved the Elos to the back of the clinic, while setting up and cycling the Cadlights.
It was quite amazing how many patients are now asking where the fish are and some are very concerned about their wellbeing!
There are some studies showing the benefits of an aquarium in a waiting room and the calming effects it has.
I had to put on sign on the tank which reads " we are ok and hanging out in the back of the clinic while our bigger home is being made ready"!
Any other folks out there with experiences and effects in their business?

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the 36 g but became to small for Big blue!
Btw does anyone remember the movie " Big Blue" ?

IMG_0183.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your cube.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool thread! Following...I don't have an office to put one in though...

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I think it is a great idea to make your patients more relaxed and make them feel like at home.

-Zhenya
Thanks. There are studies that show the calming effect of aquariums in waiting rooms. Patients are more content and complain less if they have to wait.
It has also been proved to lower blood pressure in aquarists from working on their tanks. I do wonder what BP does when you experience a crash!

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35E4CA42-2C45-41DC-9970-663BDD8E32CD.jpeg
35E4CA42-2C45-41DC-9970-663BDD8E32CD.jpeg
113F571E-3B8B-42EA-9473-854433C8492F.jpeg

9B50DDCB-DBCB-4000-AE42-5BE8C35D1F7D.jpeg

Haven't updated this for a while.
The Cadlights 60 is now up and running and fish have transferred well. Big blue has more space and a bigger cave to sleep in. The clowns are much more active through the tank and does not just hang out in just one corner. Angel lives in the series of caves and passages on the bottom of the rocks.

The have become celebrities in the waiting room and amuses kids and adults alike.
The only issue is that I am now looking at upgrading to 160 to 180 as Bigblue is outgrowing this tank after a year!
The new tank will be below where the TV is now.

Second update is on the Seahorse tank in my wife’s psychological counseling office in the clinic.
She has noted a remarkable effect on children in her practice. It is sometimes difficult to connect with small patients due to them being nervous and hesitant to become involved. They are there due to the fact that they have some major problems and usually trust issues. When they see the tank and then discover that there are Seahorses living there, they relax and connect immediately. It’s almost as if you have something this magical in your place then you must some kind of wizard. She now considers them as therapy animals and an integral part of her practice. This is not just isolated to children. She had noted similar effect on adults as well.I will be moving the horses and pipefish to the Elos midi when I have some time!
170C804C-AC21-4FE8-A7A7-358022705802.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back