What method/system to go with natural sea water?

Coach Car

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I will be starting a new tank soon-ish using Scripps water (natural sea water) and I was wondering, is there a particular "method" (i.e Triton, Zeovit, Reef Moonshiners, etc.) that would go well with natural sea water? It seems that a lot of methods are build around replicating natural sea water, but is there anything that would enhance natural sea water? I'm still debating what to do. Thanks!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scripps water is low in dKh and magnesium. It is also not recommended for use for a few days after a rainstorm due to run-off contamination that enters the southern California Byte with the urban runoff and TJ River inputs.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I will be starting a new tank soon-ish using Scripps water (natural sea water) and I was wondering, is there a particular "method" (i.e Triton, Zeovit, Reef Moonshiners, etc.) that would go well with natural sea water? It seems that a lot of methods are build around replicating natural sea water, but is there anything that would enhance natural sea water? I'm still debating what to do. Thanks!

I do not think there is any method most suited to it, but the method of calcium and alk by water change is a poor choice.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 61.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back