What wrasse to accompany my male leopard?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C. lubbocki too. All of these guys are not expensive but the color cannot be beat. Expensive wrasses are the Eightline flasher, Diamontail Flasher. None of the rest are high price.
IMG_6956.jpeg
How do you feel about the exquisite vs lubbocki in terms of display behavior and color? If you had to choose one, what would you do?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you feel about the exquisite vs lubbocki in terms of display behavior and color? If you had to choose one, what would you do?
There are multiple variety of either species, some are more beautiful than other. You just going to have to look and see. They are actually about the same in size and temperament IME. I like both but my Lubbock is more colorful in term of flashiness, the Exquisite is more beautiful in term of elegance and interesting pattern.
My recommendation is for you to get a larger tank. ;)

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still, another Leopard is best. Here is a thread of my Meleagris Leopard Harem

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of leopards, the male is about 5” and the female about 4” they are in a Red Sea 425xl. Only thing bigger is a magnificent foxface. The male does chase the female around a bit at times but plenty of rock for her to hide when she needs a break

Not sure the dimensions of your 75gal or the size of your make. Maybe consider that if adding a femalc. Also not sure if aggression would be worse for a small female vs one close in size to the male

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a male leopard wrasse, blue side wrasse, coral beauty, lemon peel angel, small Kole eye, pair of small clowns, flame hawk, and diamond goby. I wanted to finish tank with a female leopard but now considering a Naoko instead. Thoughts?

75 gallon , 4+year established tank, ideal parameters
Naoko is good. You really want to have two or more fairies. They will display with each other. Two more female Leopards would be nice also. Then you can see courtship display. I have harem of Meleagris Leopard instead.
Courtship
IMG_1203.jpeg
IMG_1204.jpeg

Naoko and Lubbock fairies
IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_6956.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back