Just pressing buttons on my feeder
7D125CFF-2136-4EF2-BE06-F1CA590D8733.png

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At work watching fish and watching planes. I did do my bi-monthly reef testing and ro water making before work, good numbers and corals are finally starting to take off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-173533.png
    Screenshot_20211204-173533.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20211204_174514.jpg
    20211204_174514.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Lol, never. I'm the 'get off my lawn' old man with the youngsters I work with on Saturdays, I appreciate my quiet time!
Haha I do love my quiet time....
Just a lonely day.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today started out as most... woke up, took shower, got dressed, went and got an $8 cup of coffee from coffee shop and headed up to the fish store. Picked up a couple corals and a Nem. nothing special here...

On my way home I had to get gas for my car. While I was pumping gas, I saw a young man going car to car asking for spare change. I watched him turned down by one after another and another... Something about this young man drew me... When he approached me, I was ready with a couple dollars I had in my pocket, which I typically don't carry. It's a plastic world today after all...

When he asked me if I had any change and I reached into my pocket, I saw his eyes alight with a true appreciation.

I looked at him, and what I saw was not the eyes of a drug addict, alcoholic or lazy person who would rather beg than earn a living. He was dirty, and looked much the worse for wear, but he was plainspoken and intelligent.

I spent a few minutes talking to him and learned he was an ex-Marine who's wife had left him while he was deployed. He had no family, no place to go. I gave him 20$ and took him to the truckstop a few miles away, paid for him to get a shower and do his laundry. I treated him to lunch and just spent a couple hours talking to him.

This young man, who could be my son in age, taught me more about life in those few hours than my own almost 50 years have taught me since it started.

Edit: Freedom is NOT free!! It is paid for with the blood of those who will never be here to enjoy it!!!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today started out as most... woke up, took shower, got dressed, went and got an $8 cup of coffee from coffee shop and headed up to the fish store. Picked up a couple corals and a Nem. nothing special here...

On my way home I had to get gas for my car. While I was pumping gas, I saw a young man going car to car asking for spare change. I watched him turned down by one after another and another... Something about this young man drew me... When he approached me, I was ready with a couple dollars I had in my pocket, which I typically don't carry. It's a plastic world today after all...

When he asked me if I had any change and I reached into my pocket, I saw his eyes alight with a true appreciation.

I looked at him, and what I saw was not the eyes of a drug addict, alcoholic or lazy person who would rather beg than earn a living. He was dirty, and looked much the worse for wear, but he was plainspoken and intelligent.

I spent a few minutes talking to him and learned he was an ex-Marine who's wife had left him while he was deployed. He had no family, no place to go. I gave him 20$ and took him to the truckstop a few miles away, paid for him to get a shower and do his laundry. I treated him to lunch and just spent a couple hours talking to him.

This young man, who could be my son in age, taught me more about life in those few hours than my own almost 50 years have taught me since it started.

Edit: Freedom is NOT free!! It is paid for with the blood of those who will never be here to enjoy it!!!
Good on you! I have a hard time giving folks cash because here in So. Cal there is too many professional beggars out there. I've had the Spidey sense tingle too, usually it does work out in the end. I've even bought a few tall boys for a guy because he didn't bs me why he wanted the money. Sometimes some simple honesty goes a LONG way!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good on you! I have a hard time giving folks cash because here in So. Cal there is too many professional beggars out there. I've had the Spidey sense tingle too, usually it does work out in the end. I've even bought a few tall boys for a guy because he didn't bs me why he wanted the money. Sometimes some simple honesty goes a LONG way!

Thanks.. For me, this is something very personal. I come from a military family. I have many relatives and friends who have battled with PTST and alcoholism/ drug addiction as a result of their trauma.

Far too often these Veterans, who should be HONORED for their service, are swept aside. It was very humbling for me today to speak to this young man. I intend to keep in contact with him and help him as best as I can.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 80 51.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back