Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife loves the boxfish as well,but i prefer the gsp maroon clownfish

Benny Gyger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My porcupine puffer Sean is my favorite. So much personality. I also love my dwarf zebra lion.

uploadfromtaptalk1468289714219.jpg

Hi. I'm debating getting a porcupine puffer and just curious how you moved him to your tank. did you net him or use a bucket? How did you not pour any store water he was in in your tank?

Jongalt26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm debating getting a porcupine puffer and just curious how you moved him to your tank. did you net him or use a bucket? How did you not pour any store water he was in in your tank?

I recommend acclimating then wearing gloves and just picking the puffer up from your acclimation bucket and placing him in your tank. I bet you'll be more nervous about doing this than your puffer lol.
I have those coralife aqua gloves which go up to my shoulders but i also keep palys so I use them regularly. If you dont have or want those then i would think any decent dish gloves or a colander will do as well.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used a large Tupperware container. The water in the bucket is half store water and half your water. I don't think a bit of store water is that bad. If you are that scared of your store's water, you should find another store.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Many years ago, I acclimated one of those guys (temperature-only) in a five gallon bucket. When the temperature had equalized, I poured the water out of the bucket . . . but no puffer?!

He'd puffed big enough to lodge himself immovably in the bottom of the pail. Wound up sinking the bucket and letting him come out in his own good time.

~Bruce

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back