What's up with the recent Red Sea Tank failures? 750XXL ? *UPDATE* Design Flaw CONFIRMED by Red Sea !!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do you interject yourself into conversations you don't really even seem to care about?

If you are following the thread you would see why I mentioned Reef Builders.
Because I have been 'interjecting myself' into this thread for the last couple years - since - I own 2 of their (RedSea) large tanks - have posted my experience with customer service - and the fix for the problem being discussed. The issue discussed here - seems like a new issue - to me?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at this post 7 hours after my SCA 150 aquarium seal busted and my tank leaked at 2am covering my entire living room.

529DDD23-1F42-46DF-B3E2-64C60C79B6E8.jpeg
Sorry to see!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We should not force the mods to close this. I've seen that occur, great threads stopped solely due to anger level from detractors to a given rationale or approach. They know if the fight is hard enough, the thread will be closed

To disengage from all detractors is to win
Browser aids exist to assist that

This strategy keeps the thread open. Fair market will report split steam incidents if it stays open. If the thread is closed, no consumers get to know about split seam variables, patterns and ways to maybe help the tanks before they crack (match the stand to the tanks need)

This thread and a handful of others are the only fair account of how red sea handles their customer service when an obvious pattern exists.
Let's just be real Brandon - The issue here was related to a specific issue with large RedSea Tanks - which was (supposedly - and hopefully) fixed by a brace in the middle of the stand. IMHO - the topic here is not to report every tank that has a seam issue. Perhaps a new thread - with the title 'split seams in rimless tanks' would be appropriate - IDK and I don't care - but - its not all about Redsea tanks...

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I have been 'interjecting myself' into this thread for the last couple years - since - I own 2 of their (RedSea) large tanks - have posted my experience with customer service - and the fix for the problem being discussed. The issue discussed here - seems like a new issue - to me?
Lol you just can't help yourself. Waited a day and decided you had more to add? Great. Join the conversation then. Or perhaps make another post how this conversation shouldn't be had here and violates the TOS. The playing both sides is just annoying.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1 I understand your point about posting this on the vendor feedback area, however, that area is meant to be for an individual to essentially hash out a specific dispute. From that sub-forum:

Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

So, that to me is not really the place for this discussion.

I also see your point on the Terms of Service issue, however, you will note that the "Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes" section of the TOS does not only apply to the Vendor Feedback subforum, it applies to the entire board. So it doesn't appear inappropriate for this discussion to be had in this sub-forum, but rather it seems to me that this actually is the appropriate area.

Feedback threads about specific vendors, companies and products are allowed as outlined by the TOS. But targeting a specific vendor, company or product in a general discussion where multiple members post dislikes, issues and harsh verbiage is not permitted and will be edited accordingly.

The "is not permitted" I believe is to your point maybe, but if you read this verbatim, this whole thread would fall under that wherever it's posted.

So that leaves one with "then where does it go?"

This is a significant issue on a product line that takes many people by surprise when it happens. Red Sea has been censoring everyone they can on support systems that are under their control.

There has to be a place for this discussion, and issues similar to it for just about any product. Either this is an OK spot for it to take place, or it's not. If you think it is not, report it and let the admins/mods decide. But other than that, this seems to be a circular discussion.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@MnFish1 I understand your point about posting this on the vendor feedback area, however, that area is meant to be for an individual to essentially hash out a specific dispute. From that sub-forum:

So, that to me is not really the place for this discussion.

I also see your point on the Terms of Service issue, however, you will note that the "Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes" section of the TOS does not only apply to the Vendor Feedback subforum, it applies to the entire board. So it doesn't appear inappropriate for this discussion to be had in this sub-forum, but rather it seems to me that this actually is the appropriate area.

The "is not permitted" I believe is to your point maybe, but if you read this verbatim, this whole thread would fall under that wherever it's posted.

So that leaves one with "then where does it go?"

This is a significant issue on a product line that takes many people by surprise when it happens. Red Sea has been censoring everyone they can on support systems that are under their control.

There has to be a place for this discussion, and issues similar to it for just about any product. Either this is an OK spot for it to take place, or it's not. If you think it is not, report it and let the admins/mods decide. But other than that, this seems to be a circular discussion.
I totally agree with all of your points. My issue was - this is not the issue posted about in 2019. It's a new issue. I have been a vocal opponent about the vendor feedback forum - for the exact reasons you're mentioning - it's totally unclear where to post. I am not sure RedSea has been censoring 'everyone' Perhaps they have. You apparently have different information than I do - which is all good. The bottom line - which seems to have been lost - is that I suggested that the poster of the new problem go to the vendor feedback forum - and discuss it directly with RedSea. Perhaps he or she would get a new tank, etc. My guess is that slamming every RedSea product on the market is not going to get him/her far. But - thanks for your feedback!!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol you just can't help yourself. Waited a day and decided you had more to add? Great. Join the conversation then. Or perhaps make another post how this conversation shouldn't be had here and violates the TOS. The playing both sides is just annoying.
Just answering a question. I believe yours lol. I don't hang on every post on the forum.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just answering a question. I believe yours lol. I don't hang on every post on the forum.
I guess I assumed your 6 bullet point answer yesterday covered everything.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1 if your tank suddenly burst tonight and you wake up to a disaster, is that going to change your mind on all of this? It absolutely changed my mind, before I was not in the "split seam" club, now I am. It cost me what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, to nothing got done other than a tank transferred. I did not even do laundry! Other than all of those hours I cannot get back, I am out money that was going to be earmarked to go into savings. I am lucky that most of my downstairs is ceramic tile but if it would have happened in the middle of the night I could have had sheetrock damage, I would have been really ticked then.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess I assumed your 6 bullet point answer yesterday covered everything.
Just going to say this once - when 20 people ask 10 questions - I answer them. It's not at all about you. Now - I would hope you will just leave me alone and go back to complaining about RedSea:)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to say this once - when 20 people ask 10 questions - I answer them. It's not at all about you. Now - I would hope you will just leave me alone and go back to complaining about RedSea:)
If you don't want me to engage, don't quote respond to my posts. It's very simple.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@MnFish1 if your tank suddenly burst tonight and you wake up to a disaster, is that going to change your mind on all of this? It absolutely changed my mind, before I was not in the "split seam" club, now I am. It cost me what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, to nothing got done other than a tank transferred. I did not even do laundry! Other than all of those hours I cannot get back, I am out money that was going to be earmarked to go into savings. I am lucky that most of my downstairs is ceramic tile but if it would have happened in the middle of the night I could have had sheetrock damage, I would have been really ticked then.
A quick answer - Yes it could change my mind. A longer answer - I would be on the phone with my insurance company and RedSea. I would be asking for some recompense. My only question here - with regards to your issue - is "Is this related to the 2019 problem with no bracing?" (which is what my impression was what this thread was about) - Or "Is it a problem with Rimless tanks in general?" - or is it a design problem with your particular tank-style. It's my impression - I could be wrong - that RedSea fixed for the most part the issues related to the large tank seams.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick answer - Yes it could change my mind. A longer answer - I would be on the phone with my insurance company and RedSea. I would be asking for some recompense. My only question here - with regards to your issue - is "Is this related to the 2019 problem with no bracing?" (which is what my impression was what this thread was about) - Or "Is it a problem with Rimless tanks in general?" - or is it a design problem with your particular tank-style. It's my impression - I could be wrong - that RedSea fixed for the most part the issues related to the large tank seams.

But did they fix it? Did they really fix it? If you have seems busting on the larger Red Sea tanks and they apply fix, but ones like my 36" tank that did not fall in their "scope" of issues, has the same exact break, and a dip in my stand, is the problem really fixed?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But did they fix it? Did they really fix it? If you have seems busting on the larger Red Sea tanks and they apply fix, but ones like my 36" tank that did not fall in their "scope" of issues, has the same exact break, and a dip in my stand, is the problem really fixed?
This is why I suggested you contact them directly at first. Best wishes - and I know it's a stressful time for both you and your fish (and your family) - I hope you get it sorted out. EDIT. The reason I responded the way I did - is that after multiple hours on the phone with RedSea - IMHO - it's the best way to go. Others disagree - thats why it's a discussion forum. PS - I also discussed at length with the company from which I initically bought my tanks.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure RedSea has been censoring 'everyone' Perhaps they have.
The word on the street is that on their Facebook support group / page, if you even bring up the seam failure issue in general, they delete your posts and block/ban you from the group/page. Meaning, they are effectively actively squashing any discussion about the topic.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The word on the street is that on their Facebook support group / page, if you even bring up the seam failure issue in general, they delete your posts and block/ban you from the group/page. Meaning, they are effectively actively squashing any discussion about the topic.
Oh - didn't know - but I don't usually believe the 'word on the street' on Facebook. But - it's good to know if thats an issue.

Last edited:

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I suggested you contact them directly at first. Best wishes - and I know it's a stressful time for both you and your fish (and your family) - I hope you get it sorted out. EDIT. The reason I responded the way I did - is that after multiple hours on the phone with RedSea - IMHO - it's the best way to go. Others disagree - thats why it's a discussion forum. PS - I also discussed at length with the company from which I initically bought my tanks.

I am not going to stay on the phone with them for "hours", why in the H double LL would I do that? They are not going to honor a warranty on a tank I bought used. I am done with the company, I will not spend any time arguing with them when their response will be "your problem, not ours". I am just here to tell my story, that is all, nothing else. I am not expecting any compensation with them, nor would I ever get a penny out of them anyway. People that bought their tanks new just jerked around, they will do nothing for a second hand tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back