Where can I find a Swissgaurd basselet (Liopropoma rubre)

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello r2r, I was hoping someone could explain why swissgaurd's are so uncommon now. The absolute only place I have seen it is in Dr.Reef for 150$ and a crazy amount for shipping.
If anybody has any insight that would be so useful

Thanks

Bubbles!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer, I've never ordered online, so take this with a grain of salt.

KPAquatics has them listed in their inventory for $150. Not currently in stock though, unfortunately.

LiveAquaria also has them listed in inventory for $229.99 or $299.99. Also not in stock.
LiveAquaria's Diver's Den may have them occasionally. I like to 'window shop' Diver's Den and I believe I've seen Swissguard's for sale a couple times.

A quick "Swissguard Basslet for Sale" internet search got me a few other online vendors that have them in inventory, but not in stock. Calling a few places and making inquiries may be worthwhile. Vendors may just not keep them regularly stocked due to lack of interest.

If you know of any decent LFS' near you, it also might be worth looking into special ordering from them. I doubt it will be cheap though.

Best of luck!

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dr Reefs pricing is more than fair. Swiss guards aren’t exactly a hardy species. Theirs are QT’d and guaranteed. Worth the money.

I just got yet another excellent shipment from them today. Well worth the added expense. You get what you pay for. You get great fish from them.

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The absolute only place I have seen it is in Dr.Reef for 150$ and a crazy amount for shipping.
Sixty dollars is not remotely a crazy amount for overnight shipping. I assume they ship in a molded box, which is ~$10, and I don't ship UPS but do FedEx Overnight a lot, and can't ship anywhere more than one state away for $50 even with my discount.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 183 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back