Which light do I want?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone is so helpful and friendly on this site, unlike a few others I have been too, so would you guys help me in regards to suggestions on how to acclimate my corals once I make the new purchase please.

What I did with mine is I started with 2 lamps on the normal cycle. I started the other two lamps on 1 hr for two days then evey other day increased the time by 1 hr.

Just watch your corals you may have to go slower than I did. I actually had to back off a little (reduce the amount of time the second set was on) because my anemone decided to move down and shade himself some. If your corals start to shrink up or look like they are trying to hide from the light or stay closed, slow down or back up a little.

Allot depends how much light your are comming from too on how fast you can move.

You can also help by raising the fixture off the tank and lowering it a little at the time.

Dave

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefgeek is good, premium aquatics, thereefstop..

Reef geek has a good package wih lamps plus they sell the ati lamps...

Dave

I can't find any info anywhere on the ATI lamps, anyone got a web site?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't find any info anywhere on the ATI lamps, anyone got a web site?

What do you mean by info? reef geek carys them...Ati lamps are the best lamps out there.

This what I run right now front to back. It does make a difference where you put lamps too.

Front
ati Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus

This is slightly more blue than my taste but most people like it like this.

I might switch out a Blue plus for a ATI aquablue special to get rid of some of the blue..

The aquasun helps bring out some of the reds ...

uvl super actinic is a true pure actinic lamps.

ati blue plus is actinic and also blue light. (let me tell you this lamp make coral flourese like crazy.)

Ati aquablue is basically a 12000 k lamp

Dave

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by info? reef geek carys them...Ati lamps are the best lamps out there.

This what I run right now front to back. It does make a difference where you put lamps too.

Front
ati Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus

This is slightly more blue than my taste but most people like it like this.

I might switch out a Blue plus for a ATI aquablue special to get rid of some of the blue..

The aquasun helps bring out some of the reds ...

uvl super actinic is a true pure actinic lamps.

ati blue plus is actinic and also blue light. (let me tell you this lamp make coral flourese like crazy.)

Ati aquablue is basically a 12000 k lamp

Dave

Sorry Dave, I ment to say fixture.

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I popped and bought the Aquatinics TX5 Ho. Its 48" 5 bulbs by 54 watts. I just put the bulbs in an mounted the legs. Tomorrow I am going to build the fiberglass screen to acclimate the corals.

I hope I made the right decision.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I popped and bought the Aquatinics TX5 Ho. Its 48" 5 bulbs by 54 watts. I just put the bulbs in an mounted the legs. Tomorrow I am going to build the fiberglass screen to acclimate the corals.

I hope I made the right decision.

I think you did, I'd suggest a few layers of screen to remove over the course of a few weeks.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 104 49.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back