WHich takes up more time?

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going with a 45 for my first reef tank... MAIN reason being that it will be pretty $$ to stock a huge tank up to anything that doesn't look like a needle in a haystack. Grow your pieces out and then you will have a reason to upgrade to a larger size. Unless you have your heart set on a fish that dictates the larger dimensions.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started out with a ten gal and a piece of live rock full of small feather dusters, then I built a ten gal nano frag tank and in a couple of months had several ten gal tanks, and had bought out a couple of larger systems and on my way to no extra pocket money, a bigger tank is easier, but I still like the cubes, just set up another one the other day, and loving it.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest a larger but 100 is bigg for a newer person 40-75 is a decent starting size they will have plenty to do and learn with that 100 might be over whelming.

I agree with m and m. 100+ for a new reefer is intimidating while 40 breeders are just made to be turned into a reef tank and 75's are "big" but still supurb beginner reef tanks. The best part of a 75 is that there are A LOT of folks that start there and upgrade so there is a lot of cheap bout very good equipment peices for sale. Take it from a nano guy (me) I have had 4 diffrent all in one nano tanks and they still are great tanks but a real pain to keep stable, for the first time in 6 years I finally got one to where I wanted it and it was a rough road. My 75 on the other hand was a cake walk compared to all of them! Incidently I just bought a 220g :D for a nano guy this is just going to be plug and play ROFL! The message there is even if you love nano tanks you will upgrade sooner or later.

Sorry guys that do was suppose to be a don't....

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back