Who delivered your large tank and how did you get it into the house?

Clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning to buy a 7ft x 2ft tank or maybe an 8x2 through my LFS and hiring them to load it into their van, deliver it, and carry it into my house. Is this a solid plan?

How did you get your large aquarium to your driveway and who helped you get it into your house?

thanks

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freight company delivered tank in crate to our garage.

Several people with glass suction cups lifted it onto a rolling platform.

Once platform in the house, it was placed on a 1000lb capacity hydraulic lift table, lifted to the height of the stand, and pushed into place.

The lift table from harbor freight is only about $270, which is a lot cheaper than injuries or a broken tank!

For information, my tank is a 340g 3/4" glass tank weighing roughly 800lbs dry.

Good luck!

bpro32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid a moving company to move my 7ft tank from the garage into the house. I found one with experience moving pianos and it was nice and smooth.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I used Uship as the shipper and hired a local mover for " Labor only " to safely move it also knowing they are insured and if anything happened, i would get a replacement tank

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought LFS, 60, 90 and 180, they delivered. Even helped take upstairs (the 60 & 90). The 180 the left in garage and I had to move myself, 4 people the first time, hires movers the second time.

My current tank is 240. Freight company left in garage. I got lucky and had 6 friends come over and help move (with furniture dolly and glass suction cups). Did that in two stages, once into house on drivers day, again a week later when I was ready to put into place.

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6ft x 4ft x 3ft. I had 6 guys and a trailer. I backed the trailer to my front door and got cinderblocks so the ramp went strait into my doorway. I also had 3 piano dollies and rolled it to the stand and all 6 of us lifted it.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man all you guys hiring movers are lucky, I looked in to it for the RS 750 they where going to charge me $1500 bucks and that included insurance. reg. movers are $50/hr per person. uggg so I get it in then a few months later traded it for the 650P so 3 guys got it out in the middle of the night ( 2am) in a wyoming snow storm that dump around a foot of snow.

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a used 265gal delivered. I paid a moving company, and a couple dudes with arms the size of my legs picked it up, in their truck and brought it inside onto the stand. Best $400 I ever spent.

You're right on the money hiring someone to move it for you. Big tanks are expensive and heavy. Really heavy. Step back and let the professionals do it. If just to have the insurance.

OP
OP
Clownfish2

Clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the LFS receives it from the freight shipper and the tank is damaged from LFS to my house, wonder if it would be covered under the LFS insurance?

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A trucking company delivered it with lift gate truck and placed it in the garage. 7 people carried it into the house and onto the stand when I was ready. I rented a lift kit with 8 suction lifters from the company that made the tank.

waterskiguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took myself, 4 friends, a few furniture dollies and my truck with a box trailer to move my 260 from a house about an hour and a half away to my house. Four guys picked it up and lowered it down off the stand and into my trailer. I Drove it down the hill then we used furniture dollies and a lift cart to get it fro the trailer onto the stand, inside my house.

Edit: I had to rent a bunch of suction cups, from the local rental store too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back