Bounce or no bounce

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go bounce - I used to not like them and think that they were ridiculous. I didn't like mushrooms at all but that yellow coloration quickly grew on me. If I could get one at a decent price I'd buy it. Specifically looking for one at Reefstock this weekend.

Terriblesam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them. I want one. I just think they are over priced at the moment. I have the jaw breaker, love it. I'm not sure how high the prices where when they were first introduced but they seemed "ok" when I got mine a while back. One thing that I like about the Jawbreaker is that it pops out babies on its own. I have a rhodactis shroom that's probably 3" when its fully opened and it hasn't had any babies in a year which is how long I've had it. I know that most people cut the foot of the bounces to get a frags but I like the natural reproduction much more.
Gotta take things for what it is, enjoy!

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as people will pay the prices that are being asked the prices will stay high. When people quit paying the high prices they will drop. What are you willing to pay for any given coral?

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes true true. Any Coral or fish is worth what people will pay to have it. And yes there are acros with crazy price tags that I have a similar feel about but at least the acros don't look like captain planets gental warts. Just kidding I was really posted this to see how popular they are out in the larger reef world. I swear that the same bounce coral passes from one hobbiest to another in my local area. I see a few a day on face book by different people that all look the same.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only gripe is with the names, not the corals. All corals are beautiful, that's why I started this hobby so many years ago, to enjoy the animals and watch nature's magic, in my tiny glass box. ;)
Everyone gets hung up on the name game. Names DO serve a purpose whether you think that the purpose is just to get more $$ or not... But IMO the purpose it serves is this... If I'm looking for a WWC OG bounce, I want to see that in my searches. I don't want to see toxic bounces, godspawn bounces, or jersey bounces. If I'm looking for Red Planet acro, I want to see red planet not every other acro that has some red in it.

The part I hate about the names, is the vendors that don't bother researching and just throw a new name on something that already has a well established name, making it a pain to find the right coral.

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image1487910360.532310.jpg
Image1487910437.207202.jpg
cant we just love every coral out there?

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do these bounce mushrooms come from and how because I think that there weird and you don't see stores selling bounce mushrooms so where do they get these from?

coralvault

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do these bounce mushrooms come from and how because I think that there weird and you don't see stores selling bounce mushrooms so where do they get these from?

They are propagated by hobbyist.. retailers do not get them.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are bounces still as popular as they used to be?

RonMidtownStomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kind of curious, too. Mine got to be about 2" across and then split naturally. It looks like it might split again. My intent is to continue to ignore it for another couple of years and see what happens. I want a colony of them. I haven't looked to see what's happening with pricing of them. I got a good deal for mine, nowhere near what some people have paid for them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back