Who is The Divine Bette Midler?

BetteMidler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not the American singer, songwriter, actress, comedian, and film producer that found her start on Broadway.

I do have a strong background in aquaria that dates back in the 90s. My father always went overboard with his hobbies and at one point in time we had the entire wall in the living room filled with custom built racks holding at least a dozen different tanks that ranged in size. Mostly due to the plates of glass we would cut out and assemble into those tanks. All freshwater, breeding all sorts of different species. It was quite the experience for an adolescent. Later on, the tanks were taken down and I believe there are a few remaining tanks in the attic space, most likely buried behind 20+ years of other hobbies and hoards of things my father accumulates.

Generally, I stick to smaller more manageable hobbies and have dabbled in a few different tanks throughout the years, usually the tank didn't last too long before being broken down as family life grew and various moves happened. Now some of my kids are starting to move out, I thought I would give saltwater another go. This time a simple 40g breeder is in the works and showing the youngest kid a few things that my father once taught me. So far, we have the tank and quite an investment in equipment piling up. We have been working slowly on the cabinet, but it is getting there. Probably be a while before water gets in. Been enjoying the forum so far with everyone's setup and getting to know a few of my fans.

"I never know how much of what I say is true" -

20230711 40G TANK_STAND.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back