Who Snagged the GB Jupiter Palys the other Night off eBaY!! The Krak Look-A-Likes!!

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA!! Man, When you've got them growing I'd like to grab one from you! Hope to see some pics once they've settled!!

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I think of "rare" first off I am using it in the context of what is available in the hobby and can you purchase it. We all know the ocean is huge and that is why I use the quotation marks when I say rare. Also rare can be timely, so aomthig rade right now, might not be next week, next month, next year So based on that, do I think the original krak is rare? Absolutely, only one rock has appeared to date and only three frags total were auctioned from the original vendor. Are they being grown out and fragged? Yes however no more have been brought in ( that we know of).

Similar zoas in the past like sopranos have never resurfaced and that is why if some one sold them today, they would still demand a pretty penny (although zoanthids.com nigh fury is as close as it gets). People will try and sell things close to them and use the name or a variation of the name to cash in on them, but they are not the same. All the untouchables, scarfaces, sopranos 2.0 in the world are not sopranos and are not as rare even though they might share similar characteristics.

The Neptune palys have already had one more auction than the kraks, and are available from two vendors. So mathmatically they are already less rare then the kraks. Also, just because someone is trying to sell at one price, does not make that market. The last krak auction was for 2400. You found out the market was 900 when you sold them and that is where they seem to have fallen into. Also, using vendors, especially ones with higher prices as a benchmark is not rational. There are vendors who still lost red hornets for 195 a polyp and captain America's for 75. I wish I could still get those prices, but that is nt market.

My point was just pump the brakes on calling these steals at the highest know auction price when we have no idea how many are going for auction or how many vendors have them. Just because they are a similar morph, speaks nothing of their worth.

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
settling in... Cell pic

Attachments

• IMG_20140108_142354.jpg
    IMG_20140108_142354.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 327

carolinareefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since when did pink and green become the colors of choice. I have spent years trying to get rid of these colors. The only thing that makes these worth more then $10 a polyp is greed. Not impressed. Two most common colors in the hobby.

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah buddy, Idc what anybody says... its sick and im 100% happy with it.

That's all that matters bro, haters gonna hate no matter what. They've been saying that OG krak is gonna come in on another rock, hope they aren't holding their breath it's been how long... how many people have krak...

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since when did pink and green become the colors of choice. I have spent years trying to get rid of these colors. The only thing that makes these worth more then $10 a polyp is greed. Not impressed. Two most common colors in the hobby.

the pic dose no justice, The color is not pink, purplish pink weird something. The green is not your average green like emerald with a sheen. you gotta own it to judge it....

Its a Krak thing...

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I think of "rare" first off I am using it in the context of what is available in the hobby and can you purchase it. We all know the ocean is huge and that is why I use the quotation marks when I say rare. Also rare can be timely, so aomthig rade right now, might not be next week, next month, next year So based on that, do I think the original krak is rare? Absolutely, only one rock has appeared to date and only three frags total were auctioned from the original vendor. Are they being grown out and fragged? Yes however no more have been brought in ( that we know of).

Similar zoas in the past like sopranos have never resurfaced and that is why if some one sold them today, they would still demand a pretty penny (although zoanthids.com nigh fury is as close as it gets). People will try and sell things close to them and use the name or a variation of the name to cash in on them, but they are not the same. All the untouchables, scarfaces, sopranos 2.0 in the world are not sopranos and are not as rare even though they might share similar characteristics.

The Neptune palys have already had one more auction than the kraks, and are available from two vendors. So mathmatically they are already less rare then the kraks. Also, just because someone is trying to sell at one price, does not make that market. The last krak auction was for 2400. You found out the market was 900 when you sold them and that is where they seem to have fallen into. Also, using vendors, especially ones with higher prices as a benchmark is not rational. There are vendors who still lost red hornets for 195 a polyp and captain America's for 75. I wish I could still get those prices, but that is nt market.

My point was just pump the brakes on calling these steals at the highest know auction price when we have no idea how many are going for auction or how many vendors have them. Just because they are a similar morph, speaks nothing of their worth.

I guess we will have to wait and see really how many are out there and how many survive. Supposedly there was Krak on every corner before...LOL... But now months later everyone knows that there isn't... Only time will tell I guess.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will wait for the GB jupiters to open and get a side by side picture with the OG Krak so everyone can see it is a true morph of the Krakatoa

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah buddy, Idc what anybody says... its sick and im 100% happy with it.
+1 on this post fact is this zoa is sweet looking and anything that's fire will demand a pretty penny. IMO this is definetly a nice complimentary zoa to the og Krakatoa

Bolanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these kraks are sure reminding me of the hornets when they came into the scene..

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how does the Krak family do on survival? Are they pretty strong and healthy or on the weaker side? Duke you'd know at least with the OG's..

MrReef101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what you ppl smoking?!?!??!!? I wouldn't spend no 500 on polyps. Not even 100...shot not even 20!!! If you have that much money and you ridiculously spending it like that maybe you need to donate for a good purpose

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what you ppl smoking?!?!??!!? I wouldn't spend no 500 on polyps. Not even 100...shot not even 20!!! If you have that much money and you ridiculously spending it like that maybe you need to donate for a good purpose

Not even 20$.... Some people like having the "Hot" Polyps, Its all part of the fun. Plus everyone that pays the $500 is going to end up selling some down the road so they really paid nothing for them.

MrReef101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats ridiculous. Its down right dumb. Why are you going to mark something so high up. When you can give a reasonable price and sell more often then a couple at a time

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people will pay that much, and someone's got the cash to buy/grow/sell them then it's a smart move. Making money in this Hobby is better than simply enjoying it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back