Who's NOT breeding clowns?

WestOhooligan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a lot of fledgling breeders that may not be aware, there is an entire group of people who are part of something called the Marine Breeders Initiative. Not just a place for breeding clowns, but all types. There are a few successful breeders of mandarins on there as well. If not bad forum etiquette, you can check here: MBI Forums - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Trial Version

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 90%, cardinalfish are by far the easiest to breed, LOL. I cannot wait until the day whaen nothing is harvested from the ocean, and then maybe the hobby will not be blamed for the destruction of reefs. It makes me mad when uneducated people rant about how we destroy the reefs, when we are all working toward a solution, and have an appreciation for the animals in our care that others may never understand.

The Bangaii is the easiest cardinal, so I agree with that part...lol The others cardinals can be difficult. The Pajama releases it's offspring earlier then the Bangaii, so it's more pelagic. They are small, and have to captured and fed either BBS, or rotifers. Some of the other cardinals have been attempted, but little documented success has been seen.
I'm attempting sunrise dottybacks, seahorses (Kuda, and Erectus), Bangaii Cardinals, Pajama Cardinals, and maybe neon cleaner gobies. Of course I breed clowns as well, but I like the challenge of other species. I do know that Proaquatix has done Lookdowns, bunch of gobies, blennies, dottybacks, and of course clowns.

landlord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try cardinals with little proto larvae. All kinds of challenging. Here a pic before I got burned out.

Apogon margaritophorus

IMG_0162.jpg

I got better shots of A. parvulus catching eggs at work

:) Kurt

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to find out the really new species that are being done, look into todd gardner from atlantis marine world
the last one i remember him doing was a basslet

Cl0ne1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool thread. GL anemonekeeper on the mandarins. I am going to try my hand at some hi-fin/barber pole/red banded gobies. This ought to be an interesting venture. As I learn I will share on this forum. As of right now I have 2 in a hole with a candycane pistol. One is bigger than the other, I am hoping this means one is male and the other is female. I just put 2 in my tank last week to go with the one that was already bonded with the pistol. I did watch as the one that was bonded to the pistol opened his mouth as the new one approached the hole, they started to circle each other and then the bonded one just ushered the new one into the hole. AWESOME experience I wish I had a video.

Tank you for your time,

Kevin

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back