Why do so many tank brands try to force packages?

AnomMatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally no tools. :)
Yeah it's an option. I'd have to find an overflow box kit that is good though totoo.
I understand the dilemma. Just throwing out the consideration that the only tool needed that doesn't have reuse value is the 15$ bit - and only because they're odd sized for most anything outside of drilling bulkheads

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently shopping for a 200L-ish tank and it's very difficult to find one that supports a sump config that doesn't also come with the whole cabinet, sump, pump, skimmer, etc kitchen sink. I understand that providing such a package by default is great for probably most sales, but I seem to be having a lot of trouble asking anyone to sell me just the tank. Waterbox for example seem like a perfect fit if I could buy just the MARINE X 60.2 tank on its own. Is there a reason I'm not aware of makes it hard or impossible for them or my local LFS to cut me a deal for just the tank?
Anyone who has experience with the LFS industry - If I get friendly with an LFS can they run this kind of deal or does Waterbox itself just not let them do so?
Idk but its certainly good for custom tank builders when a top quality, exactly the way you want it and of larger volume, tank is only $100-200 more than the package with an ugly, flimsy stand that has limited sump space.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back