0   0   0

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thanks.

On a side note, I got the Kessil AP 700 that you gave great reviews about. It's a stunning light that makes the tank look so much more alive. Best $$$$ I've spent so far.
Thanks for keeping the thread updated.

Just curious, what program/settings are you using on your ap700?

OP
OP
USMC 4 LIFE

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for keeping the thread updated.

Just curious, what program/settings are you using on your ap700?

I have 12 hour light period (8am - 8pm)
Here's a pic of my schedule. Still Tweaking the lights here and there but the intensity (40%) is as far up as I'll go for now.

IMG_3527.JPG

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 12 hour light period (8am - 8pm)
Here's a pic of my schedule. Still Tweaking the lights here and there but the intensity (40%) is as far up as I'll go for now.

IMG_3527.JPG
Thanks. I've adjusted mine a little but our schedules look similar.

Running phosguard but still getting lots of algae. But my nitrates and phosphates aren't as low as yours, and I haven't checked my RO tds or my silicates. I guess that's my next step.
Screenshot_20170213-182255.png

Typark6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to saltwater tanks. I have had my tank for a month with sand and live rock in there first with no fish. I got fish to put in the tank and noticed my sand is turning bright yellow brownish. I and reading yalls post about the drop test. Any helpful ideas I can do to get rid of the yellow brownish sand?

OP
OP
USMC 4 LIFE

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I've adjusted mine a little but our schedules look similar.

Running phosguard but still getting lots of algae. But my nitrates and phosphates aren't as low as yours, and I haven't checked my RO tds or my silicates. I guess that's my next step.
Screenshot_20170213-182255.png

Everyone's tank is different. It just takes time and experience to know how to fine tune your tank to how you want it.

OP
OP
USMC 4 LIFE

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to saltwater tanks. I have had my tank for a month with sand and live rock in there first with no fish. I got fish to put in the tank and noticed my sand is turning bright yellow brownish. I and reading yalls post about the drop test. Any helpful ideas I can do to get rid of the yellow brownish sand?

It's part of the "ugly phase" and it will only get worse. It's completely natural since it's a new tank. My tank looked like poop for the first 4 months.

Make sure you have a decent size cleanup crew and develop a good maintenance schedule.

OP
OP
USMC 4 LIFE

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Sand bed is nice and white. With the exception of a small section in the middle back which does not get cleaned (syphoned and stirred) due to accessibility.

IMG_3566.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG

Curtisw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s been a while since the last post however I’m currently having a issue with Cyano it’s mostly in one corner of my tank. Diatoms also a issue but not as bad as before. What’s the sand drop test that was mentioned, what’s the verdict if the water goes cloudy/doesn’t?

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys tried running sera silicateclear ??

I ran this in a reactor when I was cycling and have yet to see diatoms go out of control.

Back