Why is no one importing the Dutch Synthetic Reefing products for the US market?

glennf

DSR Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to trim the corals which reach the surface. By doing so breaking off a "small" frag.
I don't even see the difference on the mothercoral[emoji16]

#DSRluxuryproblems
d523076df1b159117c4cec1594b1323c.jpg
100b15ca66d4965ccc019c65799ffa52.jpg

31c3693c3e1313560f01cc6fd280ae1b.jpg

glennf

DSR Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your motive? Is it to make money? Is it to grow your brand? Is it to teach and share knowledge? Is it to troll? Your video is a guy not speaking English with no subtitles. It is useless unless you are german.
It's all in one[emoji6]

It's about sharing developments in the hobby that can change the reefing landscape in the future.
When a system is bound for failure no money spend on advertising can save it's survival.
But when a system is working, it get the attention it deserves from professionals.
Those shares are proffesional publications.

In the end it's how the reefing community can benefit from thoughts/brainfarths/facts/fictions being shared.
Youtube has a translation setting, sometimes "awkward" but it can help to understand.
Many germans and dutch reefers are also on R2R. So they may appreciate such postings too.

Knowledge and experience not share is forever lost.......[emoji6]

All these topics has in common that people who are interrested, ask questions about how to go without WC. But many replies are about why not to do such. Most knowledgeable people won't even bother replying, doing so leaving only those who are there for the endless discussions itselves.

The funfact is:
how can someone not fully familiar how a system works, share their knowledge and experience about a particular system?
We may assume that it's an assumption?

Last edited:

glennf

DSR Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain what a power filter is? Did I miss it somewhere?

Corey
Read this through. it's part of the portal

The power filter, is one of the fundamentals of the DSR method.

It is just a a name for a strong pump with filter wool on the intake.
It removes annoying small particles and clouding from the water, which prevent detritus from settling in low flow area. It’s essential to manage an optimal flow ( not necessary strong), to keep the dirt into suspension, so it can be picked up by the power filter

A optimal working power filter can produce a crystal clear result, without any additional filtering media.

Last edited:

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power filter is just floss wrapped around a pvc perforated tube on your return pump.
I use his trace elements daily.
Esc salt
Esv 2 part
Esv strontium weekly
Test and maintain.
No water changes since startup almost 4 months ago.
You still have maintenance but I have found stability = growth.
11 fish
30+ corals all growing.
It can be done but I would say your past experience in the hobby with controlling parameters is the key.
I will go to a calcium reactor when demand is needed running non skeleton bone media only.

DSR USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled design (3).jpg

Hello Everyone!

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the revolutionary Dutch Synthetic Reefing method (DSR) product line to the USA.

We bring you the all-in-one reef aquarium maintenance solution, available for purchase for the first time in the US! The Dutch Synthetic Reefing method was founded by Glenn Fong from the Netherlands. When creating DSR, the goal was to successfully keep a full mixed reef with SPS/LPS/ and Soft corals within one habitat without the demand for weekly water changes. Something few people said to be possible. After its release in 2012, DSR gained a large following from aquarists all throughout Europe. With the method obtaining a great deal of success, the awaited 4-Part EZ-DSR line has finally made its way to the US. Adding major and minor trace elements through the EZ-DSR method, spectacular results have been achieved with considerably less upkeep.

No need for water changes? How does it get any better than that? The costs of running DSR additives are a fraction of the price compared to the cost of salt needed for your tanks weekly water change. Utilizing this method also eliminates the need/costs of additional factors regularly needed like Alk, Ca, Mg, SR or any other trace/supplements. As well as eliminating the need for extra holding tanks/space needed for them, and any appliances necessary to perform water changes.

You can find all EZ-DSR products here: https://deltecdirectusa.com/product-category/dsr-additives/

The EZ-DSR method is a straightforward process with 4 instant dosing solutions. The EZ-Buffer, EZ Calcium and EZ Trace can be initiated at a fixed ratio of 5:1:0.5. The EZ-Carbon solution decreases PO4 and NO3 very efficiently and is dosed according to your phosphate and nitrate levels. Setting up EZ-DSR to your aquarium is as EZ as can be. Inputting your water parameters into the DSR Calculator, generates your aquariums precise dosing ratio.

Shortly after applying this method, you will begin to fully understand the science behind these revolutionary products. Which will allow you to gain more control of the biochemical process in your reef aquarium. The DSR Method has made it possible to establish a stable and controlled reef environment, with little to no effort necessary.

Have questions regarding DSR? Email us at [email protected]

Like us on Facebook to stay updated on all things DSR USA: https://www.facebook.com/DSR-USA-112329390549084/

Follow us on Instagram: @dsr_usa

You can find all of our EZ DSR products here https://deltecdirectusa.com/product-category/dsr-additives/

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Untitled design (3).jpg

Hello Everyone!

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the revolutionary Dutch Synthetic Reefing method (DSR) product line to the USA.

We bring you the all-in-one reef aquarium maintenance solution, available for purchase for the first time in the US! The Dutch Synthetic Reefing method was founded by Glenn Fong from the Netherlands. When creating DSR, the goal was to successfully keep a full mixed reef with SPS/LPS/ and Soft corals within one habitat without the demand for weekly water changes. Something few people said to be possible. After its release in 2012, DSR gained a large following from aquarists all throughout Europe. With the method obtaining a great deal of success, the awaited 4-Part EZ-DSR line has finally made its way to the US. Adding major and minor trace elements through the EZ-DSR method, spectacular results have been achieved with considerably less upkeep.

No need for water changes? How does it get any better than that? The costs of running DSR additives are a fraction of the price compared to the cost of salt needed for your tanks weekly water change. Utilizing this method also eliminates the need/costs of additional factors regularly needed like Alk, Ca, Mg, SR or any other trace/supplements. As well as eliminating the need for extra holding tanks/space needed for them, and any appliances necessary to perform water changes.

You can find all EZ-DSR products here: https://deltecdirectusa.com/product-category/dsr-additives/

The EZ-DSR method is a straightforward process with 4 instant dosing solutions. The EZ-Buffer, EZ Calcium and EZ Trace can be initiated at a fixed ratio of 5:1:0.5. The EZ-Carbon solution decreases PO4 and NO3 very efficiently and is dosed according to your phosphate and nitrate levels. Setting up EZ-DSR to your aquarium is as EZ as can be. Inputting your water parameters into the DSR Calculator, generates your aquariums precise dosing ratio.

Shortly after applying this method, you will begin to fully understand the science behind these revolutionary products. Which will allow you to gain more control of the biochemical process in your reef aquarium. The DSR Method has made it possible to establish a stable and controlled reef environment, with little to no effort necessary.

Like us on Facebook to stay updated on all things DSR USA: https://www.facebook.com/DSR-USA-112329390549084/

You can find all of our EZ DSR products here https://deltecdirectusa.com/product-category/dsr-additives/
I'm so excited to see this! I've been wanting to try this method out for a while. Looks like I'll finally get that chance!!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so excited to see this! I've been wanting to try this method out for a while. Looks like I'll finally get that chance!!
Let us know how it goes.
Do a write up on it, what you are currently running, and how you implemented it.
I love the EZ-trace.
Going on 13 months with no scheduled water changes.
I may try the EZ line on my frag system as I dose esv 2 part and EZ trace now.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled design (3).jpg

Hello Everyone!

Man I’m glad I found this thread. I’m in the process of a build and I’m trying to figure out which method I want to pursue as far as maintaining stability and promoting growth.

i was leaning towards zeovit but now that DSR is available in the US.... yeah. Looks like I’ve got a lot of reading to do:D

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool stuff but it’s far from a new concept here. Many of us already dose two part. Some of us carbon dose and probably even less trace dose to avoid doing water changes. It can work great, but I never liked the idea of completely relying on a dosing pump to not fail. I prefer to run these different functions through separate systems which are less critical on their own, more reliable and can be brought back online the same day and for much cheaper than buying a new doser. Whatever floats your boat though.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool stuff but it’s far from a new concept here. Many of us already dose two part. Some of us carbon dose and probably even less trace dose to avoid doing water changes. It can work great, but I never liked the idea of completely relying on a dosing pump to not fail. I prefer to run these different functions through separate systems which are less critical on their own, more reliable and can be brought back online the same day and for much cheaper than buying a new doser. Whatever floats your boat though.

What sort of systems would you run them through if not a doser? I’m a bit of a newbie which is why I ask.

and yeah, it’a similar to other systems I’ve looked at. Idk, this one just seems more like what I’m looking for compared to others.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of systems would you run them through if not a doser? I’m a bit of a newbie which is why I ask.

and yeah, it’a similar to other systems I’ve looked at. Idk, this one just seems more like what I’m looking for compared to others.
My concern with this is having too many aspects of maintaining a tank being placed on one device. Stuff fails and as with a return pump, using a doser like this turns it into the heart of your system. I’d trust a return pump to stay running over a doser ANY day of the week and even then, I still run dual return pumps for redundancy. There is zero redundancy having everything routed through a dosing pump. As for how things are normally done, in many of our systems, we have either a 2-part doser, kalkwasser reactor or calcium reactor that ONLY handles alkalinty, calcium and magnesium addition (kalk pretty much only does alk/cal so we have to manually add mag). For nutrient control, most of us do water changes, use a refugium or add an organic carbon source + a protein skimmer. Lots of us mix-n-match the above. For trace addition, most of us just do water changes but some manually add trace elements to our tanks every so often. It’s probably not something you’d have to dose daily if you do water changes nor would it have a negative effect if you slightly overdosed it.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern with this is having too many aspects of maintaining a tank being placed on one device. Stuff fails and as with a return pump, using a doser like this turns it into the heart of your system. I’d trust a return pump to stay running over a doser ANY day of the week and even then, I still run dual return pumps for redundancy. There is zero redundancy having everything routed through a dosing pump. As for how things are normally done, in many of our systems, we have either a 2-part doser, kalkwasser reactor or calcium reactor that ONLY handles alkalinty, calcium and magnesium addition (kalk pretty much only does alk/cal so we have to manually add mag). For nutrient control, most of us do water changes, use a refugium or add an organic carbon source + a protein skimmer. Lots of us mix-n-match the above. For trace addition, most of us just do water changes but some manually add trace elements to our tanks every so often. It’s probably not something you’d have to dose daily if you do water changes nor would it have a negative effect if you slightly overdosed it.

Thank you for explaining!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't one just dose by hand, no equipment to fail?

Back