Status
Not open for further replies.

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's rematch time and we all know how it came out the first time. This year should be no different. The Pens score goals (at least 2 of them do) but they have a ton of trouble keeping them out of their own net. The Pen's team combined +/- is a whopping +56 in the playoffs. The Redwings? +106. With so many of their players in the minus catagory and the Wings with home ice Babcock will get the matchups he wants. Being that the Wings are the top scoring team in the NHL and much more stingey defensively this series shouldn't even be close. With the return of Datsyuk and Lidstrom it should be relatively easy. Without them it may take a little longer. Wings in 6 or less.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Schminks...I'm a huge Wings fan too, but I don't think its going to be as easy as last year my friend.

Either way...

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that was for the benefit of the Pens fans. Their a little sensitive LOL, I guess they probably get tired of the fact so many people hate Crosby. I don't know who is going to win any more than anyone else does although I like the Wing's chances alot. I just like to stir the pot a little with the opposing fans. Usually they take it pretty well and throw it right back. Not Pens fans. They get pretty uppity. I think it's hillarious. Ask em what match-ups favor the Pens, They don't know. They just know they have Crosby and that should be enough to get them the cup. Pretty funny. :bigsmile: If they do by some chance win it will be that much sweeter for them because the love to hate me. They take it all personal. LOL

Schminks...I'm a huge Wings fan too, but I don't think its going to be as easy as last year my friend.

Either way...

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot wait until the series is over & all you Wing fans can see. The Pens are a more complete team this yr and what everyone needs to remember is that the Penguins took them to 6 games last yr. If you look at the series last yr the Pens I feel kinda got caught up in the first two games of the series. I guess we will see in the next few weeks. Lets Go Pens!

Tankguy001

Reef Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still bummed my Sharks got booted out. I'm pulling for the Pens this time.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pens got SHUT OUT the first two games. The keep saying that they learned from the experience. They learned how to get smoked. The series went 6 games but it was never even that close. The Wings went up 2-0 and then 3-1 and them finished them off on their home ice. I know Pens fans like to downplay it but Hossa outscored Crosby and Malkin in the playoffs last year. Then the fact that Crosby touched the trophy. The reason players don't touch the trophy is because they feel it indicates some sort of satisfaction with just winning the conference. Maybe deep down inside Crosby knows that is as good as it is going to get this year. Like Barry Melrose said "The Pens learned how to win but they will have to learn another year because the Detroit Redwings are the smartest hockey team in the NHL" The Wings can win any kind of game the Pens throw at them. Whether is be run and gun (which in IME is all the Pens have) or physical grind it out defensive hockey. The Pens are a great hockey team as evidenced by their second straight final appearance. They just aren't the Redwings. Not this year.

I cannot wait until the series is over & all you Wing fans can see. The Pens are a more complete team this yr and what everyone needs to remember is that the Penguins took them to 6 games last yr. If you look at the series last yr the Pens I feel kinda got caught up in the first two games of the series. I guess we will see in the next few weeks. Lets Go Pens!

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Wings fans were nervous about the Sharks this year but once again Thorton didn't show up. I also think they spent alot of energy tring to get the President's trophy.

I'm still bummed my Sharks got booted out. I'm pulling for the Pens this time.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 down 3 to go!

Crosby and Malkin were non factors yet our minor leaguers are scoring. :wink:

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mhowe9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great game. It will be interesting to see how both teams do playing back to back nights.

nellahtes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually fleury knocked in 2 goals so the wings got pretty lucky. the wings played good D but if it wasnt for fleury they may still be playing!

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know i have to say it..... the pens are going to take it this time

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Fleury played poorly and Ozzy played awsome. Boy the Wings sure are lucky to have better players.:wink:

actually fleury knocked in 2 goals so the wings got pretty lucky. the wings played good D but if it wasnt for fleury they may still be playing!

nellahtes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont care who wins. my team is long gone. just dont think that the wings offense looked that good. which i guess is scary because if they can get a couple lucky gaols and win what will happen when they put it all together?

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. What kind of league want to showcase it's game by playing it's best players while they are tired and dehydrated? It makes no sense. No matter how young or old they are players burn an incredible amount of energy playing a game of hockey. Almost every time you see regular season games where one team is playing back to back that team loses. Both teams are in the same boat but it still is a bad idea. However Bettman is FULL of bad ideas.

Great game. It will be interesting to see how both teams do playing back to back nights.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just kiddin you a bit. I agree that the Wings didn't play their best game. I predict that they will play much better before the series is over. They did what they wanted to do though. They held Crosby/Malkin off of the score sheet and chipped in a couple of greasy goals. 78% of teams who have won game one have gone on to win the Stanley Cup.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont care who wins. my team is long gone. just dont think that the wings offense looked that good. which i guess is scary because if they can get a couple lucky gaols and win what will happen when they put it all together?

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking forward to how they both play tomorrow night.

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just kiddin you a bit. I agree that the Wings didn't play their best game. I predict that they will play much better before the series is over. They did what they wanted to do though. They held Crosby/Malkin off of the score sheet and chipped in a couple of greasy goals. 78% of teams who have won game one have gone on to win the Stanley Cup.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree the game was good, it's sucks though that all of the goals Detroit goals were scored off of crazy bounces. I also would like to as that you need to check the score sheet as the goal that Fedotenko was in fact was a rebound off of a Malkin slapshot which Osgood gave up a rebound & Fedotenko capitalized on it.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back