Winter and Low PH

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead an ran an airline outside. PH jumped .2

My neighbor gave me an odd look as he watched me drill a hole into the side of my house

Sorry took a while to get online. First day off in a couple of weeks. Studying thermodynamics, electrical circuits and working. So I had to catch up on my tank and chores around the house. This size scrubber you made out of the bottle is for a 10-15 gallon tank. You need a much larger scrubber for a 90 gallon. Kinda like putting a Nuvo nano skimmer on your tank and hoping it will handle a tank that size. You'll need at least two larger bottles (RO canisters would work best). Perhaps two soda bottles would work better. Put them in parallel is the key. Your have a decent size skimmer that pulls a lot of air. Which is why the media exhausted so fast. Like slurping up a soda through a straw from a shot glass(Gone in seconds). You need a big gulp.
Anyway glad to hear the hole drilling has helped. GL. :)

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
neuwave what type of Soda Lime are you running?

cjrudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, my wife and daughter have been using the fireplace quite a bit over the past month and my ph has never dropped below 7.8 so I am more than happy with the results.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back