Wireless ATO help needed.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an autotopoff.com controller for my ato and I have used for many years. Recently I moved and found I need to have the ato pump in a different room the the tank. I am looking for a way to use a device that plugs into ato to signal to another device to turn on the pump when float switch is activated. Any thoughts or good ideas? The main problem is I cannot run power all the way from the ato controller plug to the pump. The pump can be powered from the was where it is, but I am looking to put something in-between the wall and the pump power that only gives it power when signaled by something that I plug into the ato controller that can wireless send a signal. An always off unless I hear on from controller wirelessly.

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts. I can run a 1/4 inch tube from pump to sump, but don't have space to run power from pump to ato controller.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about a remote trigger, but can't you tape your line to your tube back to the sump? I don't understand how you could run a tube all the way from your reservoir to your tank, but you can't run a cable. Just run them together.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use a JBJ ATO and my sump is about 10' from my top off container. I use a single float switch. I had to extend the wire from the sending unit to the float switch. I used a 20 ga. door bell wire. Been good for about 10 years.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back