WL Marine Aquascape

frasers4th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Team,
I’m reaching out to ask if anyone has had experience with WL Marine? They only have an instagram page WL Marine

041A082F-C904-4865-AA9C-EF593C7D38C0.jpeg

NicH.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered five larger pieces for a 4x8 setup last March and still haven’t received them…

Unfortunately since it’s a wire transfer there is zero protection. When the ordered I did contemplate this overnight and felt the risk was worth the reward.

Not really angry about the potential lost money since I knew the risk but more disappointed that I may not get the rock.
Yeah that’s a long time. I think you’ll get it eventually but it’ll end up being long after it’s useful. He’s entirely quit responding to me at this point. It’s been since February since he last responded. It’s pretty upsetting considering he’s very pointedly told me my aquascapes are done and ready to be shipped. I’m beginning to doubt that entirely.

Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered five larger pieces for a 4x8 setup last March and still haven’t received them…

Unfortunately since it’s a wire transfer there is zero protection. When the ordered I did contemplate this overnight and felt the risk was worth the reward.

Not really angry about the potential lost money since I knew the risk but more disappointed that I may not get the rock.
Woah… that’s coming to a year, I hope that you’ll get your pieces soon. I feel you gotta keep writing/bugging him constantly.

Upvote 0

FinalPhaze987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is exactly what I was looking for before I placed my order. Sadly, there was very limited info throughout google searches other than the YouTube videos posted.

My experience has mirrored the lot of ypu in empty promises for updates and long stints with no communication that led me to believe that I've been took.

My take aways from all this that I would like to bring to anyone that was once researching this company as I was are:

- The payment involved to attain this product offers NO protection whatsoever. It is purely a bank transfer and there is nothing to guarantee your money back.

- whatever time frame you are quoted, add 6-10 months on tip of that to take into consideration that this 1 man company can not keep up with his demand. Plan accordingly.

- the customer service is lackluster at best when it comes to communication. Expect weeks on end with no update.

3 of the 4 people I was going through doubts in us getting our product got it, albeit late. 4 out of 5 if you count @Saltees nice set up. The good news, he's not fake and does produce these. The bad news, you'll need plenty of patience when ordering.

The quality of the product is undeniable. It looks way better than what I could have done myself and will be pleasing to look at while the tank is still in its early stages.

Will there be damage during shipping? You bet. A structure held together with glue and sand ain't making it across the WORLD without a scratch, no matter how well packed it is.

Would I order again? Yea, but bearing this info in mind. I'd probably opt to pick it up in person on a trip to Korea in hindsight.

I truly hope the tone changes when you all recieve your product and I get to see some builds featuring these scapes. It truly is a beautiful product.

It sucks that you all have to experience this, I've been there, so I know what you're going thru.

To all that consider ordering or are on the fence about ordering one of these scapes, I sure hope this post helps provide the info that I once tried to dig up to no avail.

Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FinalPhaze987 I couldn’t have said it better!

Here’s my scape today priming for more SPS to come. Hope to give positive note to those expecting their scapes.

Perhaps… to those who got their pieces can post their tank shots here, while our fellows wait for theirs.

Happy reefing y’all.

IMG_9407.jpeg

IMG_9404.jpeg

Upvote 0

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
Have any of you who placed orders hear anything from this guy lately? Ive been trying to get a hold of him for weeks now but no luck has not been responding to me ,, very disappointing!

Upvote 0

NicH.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
Have any of you who placed orders hear anything from this guy lately? Ive been trying to get a hold of him for weeks now but no luck has not been responding to me ,, very disappointing!

It has been a full month since he last responded to me to assure me my scapes were done and awaiting shipping. Last message told me they would likely ship the week following. At this point, I already set up my system and placed fish into it thinking it would be any day. (Then I discovered this thread) I placed temporary rocks in it but am considering doing an actual aquascape and just decide whether or not to change it out once they get here, whenever that is.

Is the dishonesty about completion a cultural nuance I’m just not familiar with? I would be far less upset if he’d just give me an actual timeframe so I can make informed decisions about my system. Hell, I’d be less upset if he just responded to my 30 different inquiries over the last month.

Upvote 0

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a full month since he last responded to me to assure me my scapes were done and awaiting shipping. Last message told me they would likely ship the week following. At this point, I already set up my system and placed fish into it thinking it would be any day. (Then I discovered this thread) I placed temporary rocks in it but am considering doing an actual aquascape and just decide whether or not to change it out once they get here, whenever that is.

Is the dishonesty about completion a cultural nuance I’m just not familiar with? I would be far less upset if he’d just give me an actual timeframe so I can make informed decisions about my system. Hell, I’d be less upset if he just responded to my 30 different inquiries over the last month.
Last response was on 5th of March he was apologetic and said that he was busy setting up new store and that my scape was shipped out already and tracking number came out and will send it but till now he didn’t send the tracking number!! If the product is shipped and tracking is out So why not send the number?!!
Ive also noticed that he has not been active on social media for a long time now and im sure there are many orders which have not been shipped yet

Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my order, he told me that it was sent, he didn’t furnish any tracking number and the item just turned up at my doorstep suddenly, several weeks later. I hope it’s the case with your orders too! Happy Easter!

IMG_9428.jpeg

Upvote 0

NicH.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my order, he told me that it was sent, he didn’t furnish any tracking number and the item just turned up at my doorstep suddenly, several weeks later. I hope it’s the case with your orders too! Happy Easter!

IMG_9428.jpeg
Yeah I’m in a position that I need to do some type of temporary rockscape for the fish in the tank but I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on rock if the scape is on its way. I just need him to respond to me.

Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m in a position that I need to do some type of temporary rockscape for the fish in the tank but I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on rock if the scape is on its way. I just need him to respond to me.
Right… my backup plan then was to use it as a typical QT frag tank with racks and such, till the scape arrive. An eye sore for sure, but functional.

Upvote 0

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof, all this fuss... For the amount of time some of you have waited, and the obvious cost of the thing... I'm sure you could have all bought some various styles of rock and done it yourself... Heck, getting some $25/lb Aussie Live rock and learning might even have been cheaper... I'm sorry you guys are going through this... Sad to see such a great product with such crappy service behind it...

Upvote 0

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof, all this fuss... For the amount of time some of you have waited, and the obvious cost of the thing... I'm sure you could have all bought some various styles of rock and done it yourself... Heck, getting some $25/lb Aussie Live rock and learning might even have been cheaper... I'm sorry you guys are going through this... Sad to see such a great product with such crappy service behind it...

I haven’t needed rock in years. Is it really 25$ a lb?

Upvote 0

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t needed rock in years. Is it really 25$ a lb?
For real Australian Branch and Decorative Live Rock, yes.

Tankstop $25/lb

Addictive Reef Keeping $25/lb

UniqueCorals $28/lb

Upvote 0

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh I see. True Aussie live rock. I was picturing Fiji rock, tonga branch, etc.
If only we could still get the old Walt Smith stuff... But, the Australian Branch rock is very similar to the Tonga Branch rock of old... I'm planning my next build right now and probably going to do the entire tank in it with just a few base rocks that have a flat side to give it a good foothold in the tank.

Upvote 0

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last response was on 5th of March he was apologetic and said that he was busy setting up new store and that my scape was shipped out already and tracking number came out and will send it but till now he didn’t send the tracking number!! If the product is shipped and tracking is out So why not send the number?!!
Ive also noticed that he has not been active on social media for a long time now and im sure there are many orders which have not been shipped yet
I do not know about his new store as his advertisement account started Jan. 26 of this year.
He was inactive from 2022/11 to 2024/01 on social media. Maybe he was on different account but I am not going to spend time searching for his different account if there is one.

He is very active online. I see 13 new posts just this month. Just saw a new advertisement from the store today.

Upvote 0

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- The payment involved to attain this product offers NO protection whatsoever. It is purely a bank transfer and there is nothing to guarantee your money back.
This is how it's done normally. People simply rely on the company's name and that's pretty much it. Also paypal is not popular payment method and I have not met anyone who uses paypal.
- the customer service is lackluster at best when it comes to communication. Expect weeks on end with no update.
This is very surprising to hear as customer service should be flawless to a point you will feel uncomfortable with their promptness and kindness. Lack of communication is probably due to app you guys using. I bet he does not check whatsapp often as whatsapp is not used in Korea. Better to find his contact number and add him on Kakaotalk.

Upvote 0

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know about his new store as his advertisement account started Jan. 26 of this year.
He was inactive from 2022/11 to 2024/01 on social media. Maybe he was on different account but I am not going to spend time searching for his different account if there is one.

He is very active online. I see 13 new posts just this month. Just saw a new advertisement from the store today.
Never mind. I just found his account for rocks. This account is also very active on social media. The account that started on Jan. 26 is a different account he uses for his store, not rocks. Sorry for confusion.

Upvote 0

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he is honest about completion of your rock work. I imagine* that he does not want to explain (in English) why it is not possible to get you exact timeframe. It might be possible that he is dishonest but because of his fame I would not doubt his honesty.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back