Would I be able to cut these hammers down?

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they came but they are tall af I’m trying to see maybe I can cut them down maybe drag them idk tho I don’t wanna kill anything… thanks!!!

IMG_2488.png

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they came but they are tall af I’m trying to see maybe I can cut them down maybe drag them idk tho I don’t wanna kill anything… thanks!!!

IMG_2488.png
It may be a bit risky as the cut would be pretty close to where they branch off, you could maybe cut them into 2 colonies but it would be risky. If you do however decide to frag them, make sure to cut below the flesh band, and to not use bone cutters or coral cutters as the skeleton will likely split, use a dremel or band saw

OP
OP
J

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be a bit risky as the cut would be pretty close to where they branch off, you could maybe cut them into 2 colonies but it would be risky. If you do however decide to frag them, make sure to cut below the flesh band, and to not use bone cutters or coral cutters as the skeleton will likely split, use a dremel or band saw
I might just leave them not gonna risk anything

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back