OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my female clown is very happy tenanting the anenome............BUT.........not the male, he has dicided to tennant my return punp outlet.
It is so funny to watch the female trying to chase him away from the pump outlet towards the anenome and she is trying to show him how cool it is, as she gets his attention and swims to the anenome and shows off in it wiggling about in it.........but he wont have a bar of it. She gyets frustrated that he does not get how boring the return pump outlet is:)

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the people who find success at this method seem to be recently introducing the clown(s) or the Anemone(s)..........

I don’t hear many people say they had a clown in their tank with an anemone that it largely ignored, for several months, then they started taping pictures up and all of a sudden the clown was drawn to the anemone.......

Scientific method would tell you that you can’t rule out coincidence.......

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anecdotally it worked for me. I was there and it was obvious to me for my clown.
Did try the video (not a still pic) at my local fish store with a bunch (30) or so young clowns not my words, but the store manager's " they are all trying to swim into the picture" then he said it may be a feeding response so he put my screensaver up against the tank....totally different response. Also did it with more adult maroon clowns with an anenomee they were tenanting...........no reaction really.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two small tank raise Ocellaris in my 65 gal tank with 2 Gigantea and they would not go into it. I also have a harem of Flameback Angel in it and the the FlameBack chase the clowns a bit. Not enough to cause significant injury.
What I did was to herd the two clowns with a stick and slowly get them toward the anemone. Once they are there, they immediately swim into the anemone and not leave since.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 127 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back