Wrasse missing eye

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I bought this yellow wrasse and he was so teeny that neither me nor the LFS guy know he didn’t have an eye. LFS told me it was ok to bring him back to trade for a yellow wrasse with an eye, but is this one going to be ok? I am unsure whether I want to trade as if he is healthy and the eye is of no concern I don’t want to treat him like a disposable, and I would keep him.

He just ate a bunch of mysis and the only thing weird is that he swims lopsided a bit, leaning on the side with no eye. Apart from that he goes around the tank pretty frequently and he’s only like 2 inches long so he isn’t too fast. As the picture shows he ate till his belly was big.

All in all just wondering if it is worth keeping as I am not prepared enough to run him through antibiotics.
IMG_1459.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In my experience they do function well with one eye but I’m baffled how LFS missed this
Likely stemmed from injury previously

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am just worried about possible infection, did you have any experience with diseases and whatnot?
Yes and if worried about disease from fish, eye issue is non- contagious and as an assurance can be treated for 5 days using Maracyn- not Maracyn oxy but will not change current condition
Quarantine using coppersafe at 2.0-2.25 with added aeration will address any parasites. Treat for a full 30 days
Prazi pro will address flukes or worms again if any

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back