WTB Wi-Fi or Bluetooth dosing pump

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kamoer X1 bluetooth on my office tank. It is very easy to jump on the app from my phone and I didn't have to worry about any wifi networks which is a plus considering it's at work.

You lose the ability to check on it from beyond bluetooth range but I'll take that for the sake of simplicity.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have trust in your WiFi then i’d definitely go with one of those! I like to have access from anywhere- with a Bluetooth controlled dosing pump you have to be right next to it and may as well just adjust right on the unit it self..

Needless to say, if you have poor WiFi your pump might loose connection from time to time. This shouldn’t be an issue as it would not loose its programming with momentarily loosing WiFi.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Kamoer X1 Pro 2 pumps (wifi) and they've been flawless for me for over a year now. I went wifi instead of Bluetooth, because I read that the BT version will lose its program in a power outage until you can reconnect your phone. But if wifi isn't an option (tank at work, etc), then it'll still probably get the job done.

OP
OP
D

dlh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice, but WTB = wanting to buy, I. E. Love ok’ing for a used pump for sale

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice, but WTB = wanting to buy, I. E. Love ok’ing for a used pump for sale
If you're actively looking to buy one you should post in the Marketplace. This is a discussion forum.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back