WuyouChy Auto Top Off ( I recommend it!)

Greg Goby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look it up on Amazon, it is a pressure regulated ATO that only uses a couple pieces of airline tubing and an Evian water bottle to work (and physics). It is very simple and very effective. It is definitely useful on smaller systems but could also work on larger ones if a bigger water container was utilized or just more of the auto top offs. I know there are some posts on this website about this product but I didn't try it out until I saw a post just like this so I thought I would pass the favor along.
1581467738256.png

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a cool idea. I have a 16g holding tank that I was seriously considering getting an ATO for it so it could share the 20g ATO reservoir I use with my 90g DT. But this would be way cheaper and portable. Thanks for the lead.

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do this same thing DIY with a wine bottle, cork, and air tubing.

You don't need the second tube. Just one tube, when the water drops below the end of the tube it will allow air back up in the tube, which allows water out. Once water is again covering the end of the tube it stops flowing out (no air back into the bottle to replace it).

Ran one into my sump. Works great and nothing mechanical to fail. No float switch, no pump.

But I got tired of taking it down all the time and refilling it. So I got a 5 gallon carboy with an airtight lid (can fill it from my RO unit from the top).

OP
OP
Greg Goby

Greg Goby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to help! It really is a great alternative to a typical ATO system. Virtually no maintenance too, who doesn't want that? Here's a picture of mine in my 7-8 gallon sump. Depending on the humidity at the time I usually fill the bottle every 24-30 hours. If I had more vertical space I would use the larger Evian bottles that are available at the grocery store, but I could always add another unit if I wanted more water storage.
IMG_4988.JPG

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip I bought one for my 7-gallon sea anemone tank. Looks like I can remove the blue tap showing the correct water level.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 48 21.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 76 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back