WXM Module Discontinued By Neptune Systems

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to link these reports of people bricking their devices due to downgrading mobius firmware on eco-tech devices to work with wxm ? or are you just repeating what someone with a agenda claiming it is a major issue.
I bet the figure of bricked Vortechs has risen 300%! ;)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remove my mp40s from wxm and apex and sync them with mobius how will I Slow the mp40s down for feed mode. Because now I have a button I press and it lowers them to 15% for 30 min to feed
It's fairly easy, mobius has a function called scenes. It's similar to feed modes or virtual outlets. All you have is set up a feed scene to shut the vortechs down to 15%.

U

User1

View Badges
Wow - there is a lot of angst in this thread and unnecessary bashing. I really don't understand it.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’d have to open Mobius and hit feed mode as well as feed mode on your Apex.
You can get clever, if you have the mp40 connected to an eb832 you can use power monitoring to trigger everything that the feed mode button [in apex] does. Example: IF MP40 power < xxW THEN skimmer OFF.

Or if you use a Vectra, you can hit feed scene in Mobius and as the return pump slows down, a water level sensor in the sump can trigger everything in apex to shut off.

In this interim, we can come up clever ways to have both platforms work in tandum through indirect means.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or just answer them here? ;Meh
Why make us go and have more accounts elsewhere to answer questions that were asked here. alot of people dont use facebook.

Its not hard to type up a response. In fact i bet in the time it took him to tell us to go watch facebook he could have answered a few of the more asked questions.

It is about controlling the message and setting a favorable stage for it.

None of which would be an actual problem if we had open standards for control - you'd open *the app of your choice*, hit FeedMode, and it would send a request to the rest of the devices telling them to go into feed mode if they support it.

Open standard would be great, but I don't think the hobby will be around long enough to see it. Even in power/hvac there are proprietary tweaks to nudge towards staying in the garden versus diversifying to what is best.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get clever, if you have the mp40 connected to an eb832 you can use power monitoring to trigger everything that the feed mode button [in apex] does. Example: IF MP40 power < xxW THEN skimmer OFF.

Or if you use a Vectra, you can hit feed scene in Mobius and as the return pump slows down, a water level sensor in the sump can trigger everything in apex to shut off.

In this interim, we can come up clever ways to have both platforms work in tandum through indirect means.
All great solutions IF you have your Versa, Vectra, or Vortechs connected to a Neptune powerbar. So for the folks that have their power bar maxed out cause they did not need to connect their said devices to it before, now they will have to dish out for another powerbar just to control a feed mode.

I am not picking sides on this topic as I am happy with using each vendors platform to perform my reef tanks task, but the point I make is that both Neptune and Ecotech need to get along for the masses that use products and tech from BOTH SIDES.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't disagree with any of that, but the unknowable element may simply be that WXM doesn't sell well anymore (those who need one already have one) and it's not worth the carrying cost of the SKU. I would imagine that a mobius type of approach would be much more intuitive and accessible to younger/newer reefers who probably aren't going to buy a WXM. Just speculation on my part of course.

That may be true that sales may have dropped but fast forward two years from now when people have WXM modules that have failed and also several hundred new Apex Owners have joined the club. For a Tank owner whose WXM fails this might be the straw that makes them invest in an ETM controller. For a new controller buyer the lack of any kind of ETM control on Vortechs or Radions might be the nudge that sends them towards an ETM controller versus Apex.

I agree with you that a properly working Mobius App would probably be more attractive to younger reefers but I also know that Mobius can only carry Ecotech just so far. They need a real controller with Plug outlets and modules that handle pH/ORP and temp probs plus level and leak sensors. Also a warning for ETM. If they plan on doing this all wirelessly with BT, it's going to be an epic disaster which will leave Terence with a permanently etched smile on his face. I wish ETM would buy out Aquatronica. They have just about everything ETM needs and the quality is at the level ETM expects. The big bonus is that it has been bug tested for many years.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a Tank owner whose WXM fails this might be the straw that makes them invest in an ETM controller.

Perhaps so! Or do what I do ..... as soon as I heard I bought a spare WXM. Of course then I'll be mad if Neptune un-discontinues it LOL.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be true that sales may have dropped but fast forward two years from now when people have WXM modules that have failed and also several hundred new Apex Owners have joined the club. For a Tank owner whose WXM fails this might be the straw that makes them invest in an ETM controller.
That is why we have held back a more than adequate quantity of completed modules as well as parts to take care of our customers needs either under warranty, or via repair, for quite a number of years.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys tell me a time next week and I will make myself available so I can go through the explanations and answer questions - had a great conversation with @Jose Esteves , @Thales , and a few others. I have been pretty busy lately so that this format is much easier for me than monitoring and replying on so many threads. It is never about just answering this question or that and being done with it - there is always back and forth - and doing it in person - or in this case face to face online - makes those back and forths not only faster and easier, but more engaging as I get to know you more personally.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fairly easy, mobius has a function called scenes. It's similar to feed modes or virtual outlets. All you have is set up a feed scene to shut the vortechs down to 15%.
I understand this. But so what your telling me is I have to find my phone and open the app to enter feed mode instead of walk up to tank and press one of my many buttons that all do something different. Smh just stupid imo
1593202725858.jpeg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now let me press a button to slow my cor-20s then press a button to activate auto feeder then open app and press feed for mp40s smh

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 39 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 65 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back